Home

Career Mode Glitch in FIFA 12

This is a discussion on Career Mode Glitch in FIFA 12 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Career Mode Glitch in FIFA 12

I am experiencing a glitch where in Career Mode, my squad will randomly generate a new formation and squad. It also includes all of my reserves losing their names and turning into GK's and becoming overall 10's. This happened to me occasionally in FIFA 11 but it would fix itself somehow. Has anyone else had this happen to them in FIFA 12? If I click on these no name players the game stalls.

Anyone? Help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Career Mode Glitch in FIFA 12

Happened to me on the PC version after I overwrote a custom formation I'd created. Corrupted the roster save and I had to reload my saved copy. This glitch has been in FIFA for at least 2-3 years, I remember it back in 09 or 10.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Yes, I ran into this more than a few times over the years. The best advice I can give on how to avoid it is to not edit a custom formation while it is "active" (ie, assigned to a team in team management). If I want to edit my formation either outside or in a game, I always first switch it "default" then make my changes.

And never edit a custom formation that is assigned to a team in your squad file while you are in a game. In the past, this almost guaranteed that any position you altered would see the corresponding player in your squad file replaced with the "undefined" junk.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

So, say I'm in a season that I don't want to delete. What exactly do I have to do in order to salvage my season. What do I do with the formations and stuff?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:36 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercrothers
So, say I'm in a season that I don't want to delete. What exactly do I have to do in order to salvage my season. What do I do with the formations and stuff?
I'm guessing you have to start over. If it were PES, you could just reload a new option file (roster save) and then continue your season. But FIFA saves the info from your roster save directly onto your season save file. Meaning your corrupted roster is now a permanent part of that particular season save file. The only solution, that I know of from past FIFA games I've played anyway, is to start your season over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

OVR: 3

This glitch just turned up in my Chelsea MM. I'm in mid-November and have spent 8+ hours on this career. All I can do is start over?
EDIT: But wait, doesn't the game auto-save your career mode after every match you play? Can't I just load one of those saves?
EDIT: **** it, that doesn't work...

Last edited by MrKasoogi; 10-22-2011 at 08:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »