Home

Early quit glitch

This is a discussion on Early quit glitch within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Early quit glitch

I scored a goal in the third minute of a ranked game today and the guy quit. Usually if I don't hit the accept button for 2-3 mins on the box that says connection has been lost, the result is recorded (if you hit it immediately, then chances are it won't be recorded...learned from years of experience). But this time, I didn't get the W even after waiting.

1) Why the hell is this f*(&ing glitch still in the game? 2) How do you stop it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Early quit glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
I scored a goal in the third minute of a ranked game today and the guy quit. Usually if I don't hit the accept button for 2-3 mins on the box that says connection has been lost, the result is recorded (if you hit it immediately, then chances are it won't be recorded...learned from years of experience). But this time, I didn't get the W even after waiting.

1) Why the hell is this f*(&ing glitch still in the game? 2) How do you stop it?

dont score in the first 5 minutes noob
Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip41
dont score in the first 5 minutes noob
What kind of idiotic ideology is that? And I'm far from a n00b. Been ranked quite high in the past FIFAs so go back to sucking. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Surely in your "years of experience" you have already learned the explanation for this?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Its not a glitch. It allows players to "test the connection". I like the five minute policy since I've gone into games with a seemingly good connection to have it go to poop once the match starts. Thus, EA has the rule in place for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
What kind of idiotic ideology is that? And I'm far from a n00b. Been ranked quite high in the past FIFAs so go back to sucking. Thanks.
if you dont want people to quit, don't score in the first 5 minutes. just kick the ball around for awhile, then start trying to score at 5 minute mark.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

There is nothing idiotic about it. It's just the common sense thing to do since the majority of people aren't going to start a match out down 1-0 if they don't have to. If you score in the first 5 minutes, then your opponent is going to quit. You can either mess around for the first 5 minutes or get frustrated every time you score early and have someone quit.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:50 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

and it's well worth it to be able to actually test the connection. Although very, very, very rarely do I have any sort of lag issues on FIFA, but I love that on the odd occasion I come into some pathetically laggy game I can gtfo without it effecting my stats. If the trade off for that is not scoring in the first 5 minutes then it's a trade I'm more than happy to make.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »