Home

Formation recommendation

This is a discussion on Formation recommendation within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #17
Rookie

mctrees02's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Formation recommendation

Depending on the situation I have a couple different looks with Nottingham Forest (just finished 3rd season at 11th in EPL w/ a pair of quarterfinal cup runs):

modified 4-3-3 (looks more like a 4-1-2-3 where the 1-2 is CM and LAM RAM)***
modified 4-4-2 (looks like 4-1-2-1-2 where the 1-2-1 is CDM LM RM CAM)
modified 4-2-4 (formation looks like 4-1-1-2-2 where the 1-1-2-2 is CDM CM LW RW and 2 ST)

***I also have 3 or 4 variations on my modified 4-3-3. Sometimes the LB or RB become LWB or RWB with the other back moving to a 3 man back line. Other times the midfield. becomes LM CDM RM.

With my typical modified 4-3-3, I like to place a fast (speed/agility/accel need to be above 80) ST/Winger at an attacking midfield position. Their quickness allows them to push take feeds from both CM and LW/RW and crash on the goal with a ST nearby.

Last edited by mctrees02; 11-22-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #18
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Formation recommendation

Does anyone know any sites with more information on formations and offensive styles. Everywhere I've looked has been extremely shallow. Let's say I run a 4-3-3, what makes the strategy different from let's say Barcelona and Arsenal, what are their theories to attacking the pitch.

in football, if I want to run a spread offense, there are several different ones that run on different theories and principles. For example: air raid and run & shoot. Both spread the field, just air raid does it horizontally and r&s does it vertically. There are more differences obviously, but I think you get the point.

Where can I find more info on soccer "styles" or whatever is the proper terminology.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »