Home

Question from a non-soccer person

This is a discussion on Question from a non-soccer person within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5
Question from a non-soccer person

Does FIFA 12 have a dynasty/franchise kind of mode where I can play indoor soccer?

I'm not a soccer person, so when I look at the lists of leagues or whatever affiliated with the game, I don't know which leagues play which style of soccer. So forgive me if this seems like a dumb question that I'd know the answer to if I knew the names of indoor leagues.

I just am not a soccer person. Didn't grow up playing it (though I recall being dragged to my older brother's games, which might be why I never got a taste for it since I was too young a kid to sit still and have the attention span to watch the same thing for a whole hour, especially if that thing was a sport I didn't know or understand).

But I had a soccer game or two back in the days of Super Nintendo or the original PlayStation. And while standard format soccer was frustrating to me in video games (not really knowing the rules or the strategies, spending all my time running back and forth over a field that's too big, always accidentally kicking balls out of bounds)... I had a blast when I played indoor mode. Fewer players, a way smaller field, walls to keep me from booting the ball out of bounds accidentally every other minute. It was fast-paced and fun for me. Like hockey minus the hitting. I played indoor modes and loved it.

But I think that was before the advent of modern sports games with a full-fledged "franchise mode" (as opposed to the old-school way of just playing a single season). I'd be interested in picking this game up if I can do a franchise mode (building my team year to year) where I just play indoors.

So are there indoor leagues or teams for the franchise mode, or can I simply choose an indoor field before each matchup (like at the screen where you choose jerseys or pick which team to control) even if the leagues aren't indoor leagues in reality?

Thanks for shedding any light on this for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Question from a non-soccer person

No indoor soccer but don't let that keep you from playing the game. I grew tired other ea sports titles and decided to give FIFA a go. I'm actually having alot of fun with it, especially the more I learn about the sport. I had alot of questions as far as leagues where concerned so I did alot of research on the sport to learn.

There are franchise modes. Pick a team and manage it. Each year if you don't get fired , you are given the option to re sign with your current club and also offered other clubs to manage.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 11-09-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Question from a non-soccer person

No indoor football/soccer. However FIFA is a great game so maybe look in to borrowing it or renting it if that is a option for you. Or download the demo?

Also maybe FIFA street is more of your taste? http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-street

If it's any good I don't know. Not really my cup of tea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »