Home

CPU vs yourself

This is a discussion on CPU vs yourself within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
CPU vs yourself

Why is it my players never react to the ball when it's getting close to them and sometimes not even try, while the CPU players always seem to react to every loose ball?

Also why does every tackle that I preform always send the ball right to another CPU player. It seems like I make a good tackle but the ball speeds up to get to a CPU player?

And why can I never win headers? The CPU ALWAYS wins headers, that in reality I should probablly win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: CPU vs yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
Why is it my players never react to the ball when it's getting close to them and sometimes not even try, while the CPU players always seem to react to every loose ball?

Also why does every tackle that I preform always send the ball right to another CPU player. It seems like I make a good tackle but the ball speeds up to get to a CPU player?

And why can I never win headers? The CPU ALWAYS wins headers, that in reality I should probablly win.

I hear ya on all points. It can get frustrating
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 11-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
I hear ya on all points. It can get frustrating
And you can't forget how you get fouled all game but it's barely called. This game is one of my favorites but some games feel like I have no control over my players. One game the CPU did a through ball to one of their players and I had a defender right there in perfect position to intercept it. But he doesn't even attempt it, he literally backs up and allows the guy to go by him.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

cards, are you tweaking the sliders at all? Because they can help with some of those issues. Lowering CPU speed and accel sliders keeps the CPU from getting to loose balls as quickly. It also slows down CPU reaction time with regards to jumping and winning every header.

Fouls require a different solution. Creating custom CPU tactics and raising defence aggression goes a long way towards getting some of those fouls called against the CPU. Raise the CPU man marking slider as well.

As for my players, I find my teammates save my bacon much more than they screw up. I've seen it happen many times that a CPU-controlled teammate will step in front of a CPU shot and deflect it away, that sort of thing. IDK, but maybe raising aggression in your own team's tactics could help with the issue you're seeing.

Last edited by peigone; 11-22-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
cards, are you tweaking the sliders at all? Because they can help with some of those issues. Lowering CPU speed and accel sliders keeps the CPU from getting to loose balls as quickly. It also slows down CPU reaction time with regards to jumping and winning every header.

Fouls require a different solution. Creating custom CPU tactics and raising defence aggression goes a long way towards getting some of those fouls called against the CPU. Raise the CPU man marking slider as well.

As for my players, I find my teammates save my bacon much more than they screw up. I've seen it happen many times that a CPU-controlled teammate will step in front of a CPU shot and deflect it away, that sort of thing. IDK, but maybe raising aggression in your own team's tactics could help with the issue you're seeing.
I'm currently using krebstar's sliders on world class which IMO are pretty good. I'll try to raise my aggression because I don't believe Chelsea's default is very aggressive but I could be wrong. Thanks for the help man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
I'm currently using krebstar's sliders on world class which IMO are pretty good. Thanks for the help man.
You're welcome. Using someone else's sliders is fine. I'm just saying with a couple of small tweaks to that slider set -- lowering CPU speed and accel -- some of those problems you're having with the game will disappear to a degree.

Last edited by peigone; 11-23-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
You're welcome. Using someone else's sliders is fine. I'm just saying with a couple of small tweaks to that slider set -- lowering CPU speed and accel -- some of those problems you're having with the game will disappear to a degree.
Tactics also make a huge difference. If you lower passing distance, you may find your players get to the ball more often.
Boston Celtics
Old 11-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

As for winning headers, make sure you're holding the jokey button before the ball gets there and remember you can move your player around while doing so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »