Home

Is Fifa 12 just less fun than Fifa 11?

This is a discussion on Is Fifa 12 just less fun than Fifa 11? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is Fifa 12 just less fun than Fifa 11?

Im not sure how else to put it, theres something about 12 that makes the games a little more tedious than in the previous FIFA's. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Is Fifa 12 just less fun than Fifa 11?

FIFA 12 is the most satisfying FIFA I've played. Never been able to play on Legendary difficulty before, but the sliders now allow me to. That plus the CPU tactic adjustments -- which make a huge difference to the way the various teams' play -- make it one of the more customizable games I've played in a long time.

Last edited by peigone; 12-07-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

I might have played 11 and earlier games 25 times each. I must have played close to 500 games of 12. Far and away the best soccer game ever. Hope they can manage to improve upon it next year.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 19

While I believe FIFA 12 is the best of the series, and best of all sports gaming franchises, I'm starting to hit a wall. I wish there was a patch to improve the amount of fouls and cards, but I wouldn't want a bad patch that would lead to amputations on the pitch with this new style of physics and animations. I haven't tweaked the sliders. Other EA games (Tiburon) require an obsession over slider sets to make the games even playable. The games out of EA Vancouver seem better, more polished.

FIFA 11 was good, but eventually I became frustrated by the lopsided tackling and went back to 2010 FIFA World Cup. After playing FIFA 12 for two and a half months, I can't see myself going back to any previous FIFA game. Defense, locomotion, ball physics, shooting, dribbling, and AI are all improved compared to any game that came before. The menus and presentation of 2010 FIFA WC were amazing, the only element that exceeds FIFA 12 IMO. I prefer Andy Gray to Alan Smith, but there was no way EA could bring Gray back, given what happened at Sky Sports.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ

While I believe FIFA 12 is the best of the series, and best of all sports gaming franchises, I'm starting to hit a wall. I wish there was a patch to improve the amount of fouls and cards, but I wouldn't want a bad patch that would lead to amputations on the pitch with this new style of physics and animations. I haven't tweaked the sliders. Other EA games (Tiburon) require an obsession over slider sets to make the games even playable. The games out of EA Vancouver seem better, more polished.

FIFA 11 was good, but eventually I became frustrated by the lopsided tackling and went back to 2010 FIFA World Cup. After playing FIFA 12 for two and a half months, I can't see myself going back to any previous FIFA game. Defense, locomotion, ball physics, shooting, dribbling, and AI are all improved compared to any game that came before. The menus and presentation of 2010 FIFA WC were amazing, the only element that exceeds FIFA 12 IMO. I prefer Andy Gray to Alan Smith, but there was no way EA could bring Gray back, given what happened at Sky Sports.

The sliders make the game more playable. While I like WC 2010 it is just too fast and the all manual play is impossible for me. Might be that manual is a bit assisted and I don't know it?

I would like to see the commentators on Serie A added next year. I don't know their names but it is the feed you get on Fox Soccer Channel. Don't know what you guys get on the other side of the pond but those two are good.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »