Home

Freekicks and manual shooting

This is a discussion on Freekicks and manual shooting within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #9
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Freekicks and manual shooting

Well when I'm in arena practice mode, If aim the stick far into a direction, the ball is way off like I'm expecting it to be. So I try about mid way and nothing. Ball just goes in the direction I'm facing.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

LT for the "rocket shot"?

LT is the pace control button - right?

An earlier post implied that a little bit of sprint (RT) would help the shot.

Thoughts?
Old 12-30-2011, 05:34 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
An earlier post implied that a little bit of sprint (RT) would help the shot.
You can easily check that out yourself in the arena. Pick a spot, stand and shoot -- you get little power and poor directional control. Now sprint to the same spot and fire as you're running, and see the difference and improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopis
Manual shooting is great. I only play on world class, full manual, no pass power assistance and analog spring turned on. Shooting manual gives you the freedom to run in one direction while shooting another. It makes the game truly sim in some aspects. To break it down when shooting manual try this.

When your running right and want to shoot left try this. Pressing right to run, when you hit the button to shoot you have from that time until the players foot hits the ball to input the direction for the shot.The quicker the shot the less time you have. Also you have to make sure the ball is at his feet and also that he has control. So know when to take your eyes off of the ball carrier and onto the goalie.

Even on manual the players stats come into the dice roll of whether you will make the shot. How good he is with his off foot , whether you used finesse shot or power or regular. The angle, how many touches you used. All of those factors and more come into play when playing manual.

You can input the right direction and get it all on time with the right amount of touches but the stats of the player and how good he is in traffic could make the shot go wide. Try with ronaldo to get used to it, he is a beast.

I play on the default camera angle going left to right. It takes some time to master but playing manual is the true game. It resembles true soccer imo better than any other game.

Don't get discouraged from misses it happens but for that one make that is perfect it's pure gold. If they took full manual out of the game I would never touch fifa again. If I have time later today I will post some of my best goals from playing world class.

It's so hard to get a manual match online with regional servers. I am unbeaten full manual in online seasons but only played maybe 10 matches. Took me over 100 games to get it right but my passing stats are around 89/90% offline ,84/87% online. Good luck.
So this is some good advice. I just started to use Manual shooting and it is tough. Any other tips out there. Sometimes a simple shot coming diagonal across the goal goes straight instead of on goal. Of course it depends on the player, but can't they at least hit is on goal ... Very difficult.

Would love to hear any other tips/suggestions.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:01 AM   #13
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree with yopis, the game is SO much more like real soccer when played on full manual. I play on full manual now all the time, regardless of what mode. It makes auto feel like the AI does everything for you, which makes guys bragging online hard to tolerate bc you know they had training wheels on when they did what they did.

Carrying on, manual shooting is VERY frustrating, not for the first while, but the second, third and even the fourth while also. It takes some time to master shooting on manual, and one thing you need to do is be aware of EXACTLY which degree youre holding the left stick in while moving and shooting. When charging shot(and I know you dont have long) you have to quickly notice which direction degree youre pressing, then look at the net, consider power, who's shooting(accuracy and curve stats) and where the net is in relation to you. Its a lot to take in, but when you get good at it and you start beating guys online regularly with it, it feels pretty damn good. I'm by no means claiming to be a wizard of manual control, but im pretty damn good now and wouldnt go back to auto for anything.

I in fact feel that there shouldnt be just an option to look for other players in manual mode, but I believe ALL online play, well Virtual Pro anyway for sure should be manual controls on.

So, sorry I ranted a little more than anything but in summary my only real tip is to be aware of your Left stick direction at all times and take a quick notice right before you shoot. You could even notch out up, down, left , right and all the diagonals so it can help you feel where you are like brail sort of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »