Home

FIFA '13 Wishlist

This is a discussion on FIFA '13 Wishlist within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
FIFA '13 Wishlist

Sorry if this is premature, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling and see what suggestions and tweaks the OS community had for FIFA '13.

The current edition is the best version yet, however I only ever play offline against friends, so can't really comment on the AI or anything online-related.

One thing I wish EA would include is the ability to sort teams by their rating. When playing against friends, we like to use a broad variety of teams to make it interesting. To keep it even, we use teams with the same star rating. If my friend picks a 3-star team, I'd like to then be able to press a button that would only show me 3-star teams so I could go through and easily pick one I like rather than cycling through every single team and league.

Furthermore, does anyone think team ratings should be allocated out of 100 or even 10? Five stars just doesn't allow enough room to clearly define a team's true to life quality. I understand that teams improve and decline over the course of a year, but allocating a side like Fulham 4 and a half stars is a joke when you compare them to similarly rated teams across Europe that would trounce them if they ever played.

I'd also like to see free kicks made a hell of a lot easier. Of course I don't want to be scoring one every match I play, but I think I have scored one or two in the last couple of years - both right on the edge of the box with elite players. I know they're not easy to nail in real life, but they are scored with far greater regularity than they are in FIFA.

Referee consistency and harshness needs to be looked at. There are two-footed lunges from behind that get away with nothing while borderline fouls where the player is clipped sometimes result in a yellow. It's an absolute crapshoot.

Similarly, I'd like to see some mistakes made by the line judges. As far as I know, every single offside decision is programmed to be correct. Wouldn't it be interesting to score or concede a goal when a player was in an offside position? Sony's baseball game, MLB The Show does a similar thing to great effect. You can choose whether you want balls and strikes called with 100% precision, or whether you want true to life calling (this year's version includes consistent tendencies for certain umpires - amazing)! If people are not happy with inaccurate calls, the option could be turned off, but I think it would be yet another way to make the game more true to life.

While I love the advantage rule, I think it needs some work. Too many times I see the attacking team actually disadvantaged by the call. Perhaps there can be a button the player can push as soon as a foul occurs that automatically stops play for the free kick if they don't wish to play on?

And this final one is not all that important, but thought I'd add it nonetheless. I'd love to see a custom celebration where the player takes his shirt off. This would of course result in a yellow card - just like real life - but it would be great to see (and hilarious if your mate cops a second yellow without even thinking about it).

What do you guys think should be added to FIFA '13?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA '13 Wishlist

I like the list & think it's a great start, love the yellow card one especially, maybe even just have it so if it's a ref who is normal/harsh with cards gives a yellow but a lenient one doesn't give them out. If they could programme fouls/offsides like they have the strikes in The Show it would be kinda cool.

Going off the advantage rule thing I would just have it so if you press R3 or something the ref stops play & you go to the dead ball situation. As for free kicks I can hit them pretty well & think they're a good challenge.

Something I have been campaigning for in the last 2 FIFA's is the ability to save lineups at the team management screen in Manager Mode. My example playing with Arsenal is I'd have my best XI as the default, then I'd love to have, ready to go with a press of a button a small/quick lineup where Arshavin comes in for Gervinho, Wilshire, Arteta & Ramsey in the mids & have Verm & Kos as the CB's. Or quickly switch to a big lineup with Djourou, Sacker, Song, Gervinho & Chamakh coming in for Santos, Kos, Ramsey, Walcott & Arshavin etc.

I still think the matchday occasion in Manager Mode needs a bit more work with more crowd interactions too.

Most of the things I want though are small issues that could be added/removed/tuned pretty easily.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like all of these suggestions. One I'd add, which has plagued the FIFA series for ages, is better rebound control by goalkeepers. I swear I've scored half of my goals off rebounds that get perfectly set up for me all alone to smash it in
Old 01-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Banned

SoonerBandit28's Arena

OVR: 0

Fouls are a must.......and the other big thing for me is the transfer market,its so unreal teams that dont have big budgets in real life are big spenders in the game.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Fouls, AI Logic, Transfer Logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

There should be more of a difference between the semi-pro and pro difficulties. It's way too easy to just dribble around everyone at the semi-pro level but I find it extremely difficult to stop the computer at professional. This could be solved by moving sliders but obviously it'd be a lot better if it was fixed originally in fifa 13.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

Making a wish list for an EA game is like asking Ebenezer Scrooge, pre-Christmas day version, for a raise in salary plus Boxing Day off. Good luck with THAT in other words. EA does what they want every year because they know X million people are going to buy the game anyway. End of story and end of any and all "wishlist hopes."

And it really is utterly ridiculous that we would even have to ask for fouls to be fixed. The question is, how can they program and test this game for an entire year, and not see that the lack of fouls is essentially a complete and total gamebreaker? Especially since this issue has been an onging problem with both this series AND their NHL franchise for years now. AND given gamers have been screaming about it on forums since forever.

All that said, I really enjoy FIFA 12, but it sure takes a crap load of tweaking and editing to get it to play anything like real football. So I guess that's my wish to them: give me more editing options to make all that easier, because the devs at EA don't appear very inclined to fix things and do the work themselves.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

You can tweak and edit though. The game out of the box is playable with the sliders and CTT you can get it pretty close to what you want. The lack of fouls is not a game breaker for me. I am seeing some though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »