Home

I want to like this game; but come on.

This is a discussion on I want to like this game; but come on. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #9
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I want to like this game; but come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tKlausEffect
The precision dribbling (LB on 360) works wonders. I was feeling the same frustration until I started employing more precision dribbling when close to or inside the box. It may be just as effective as skill moves when you allow your marker to get close in his attempt to de-possess you of the ball and flick the ball past him on his weak side with the right stick/first touch movement. I've scored numerous goals in the box by beating defenders with precision dribbling. give it a go.
This is good advice. Lay off the sprint button a little more than you want to. Use LB button (Xbox) when making large changes of direction - it halts the ball and you can turn on a dime. If a defender is close and you don't beat him straight away keep LB held while you move, to protect the ball. Anticipate his lunges and with the ball close they are easy to sidestep.

You'll find yourself free in the box quite a bit. To help, also play around with the CPU Man Marking slider. When I went from Professional to the next level (World Class I think) I kept the man marking CPU slider very low to allow me to practice more with precision dribbling. Bump it up as you get more comfortable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »