Home

need formation genius help

This is a discussion on need formation genius help within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
need formation genius help

This is for career mode I heard it doesnt matter for ut it goes by players work rate I think right?

What is the point of setting my work rates or even the base position from cmf to dmf?

I mean when you can choose to move players up with left and right on the dpad for ultra defensive and ultra attacking. Would that stuff really only apply for when I am simming games maybe?

Another question is once I choose up on the d pad and have my cbs move up is there an option to have them move back or is that play to run till possession changes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
Banned

Re: need formation genius help

Those dpad settings don't affect sim results, no.

If you want real control over your team's positional play during the game, you really need to consider creating a variety of custom formations/tactics. I use up to a dozen different formation settings for my team, depending on the situation. Right now I use four different attack and four different defend settings; I have one for corners where I move more men into the opposition's box; I have one for goalie kicks where I push all my players up the pitch; etc. and so forth.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone

If you want real control over your team's positional play during the game, you really need to consider creating a variety of custom formations/tactics. I use up to a dozen different formation settings for my team, depending on the situation. Right now I use four different attack and four different defend settings; I have one for corners where I move more men into the opposition's box; I have one for goalie kicks where I push all my players up the pitch; etc. and so forth.
I have a question about that. Say you change the formation for an offensive corner. Do you pause the game after the corner and change to a new formation immediately? How long does this change take to go into effect?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

While I understand making a bunch of different formations would solve my problem. I was looking more into making 1 or 2 simple formations work. I need a few things explained before I can understand making that many formations.

I really dont understand why I should set my work rate or change say a cmf to a dmf when making a formation.

What does say changing the same guys position from say dmf to cmf do? Does this just change the work rate? Meaning if I custom the work rate it doesnt matter what position I choose.

Lets say I run 3 mid fielders and put them to low def and high attack. Now during the game I choose to move the dpad to ultra defense does that cancel out me picking the work rate and the position?

Last edited by noid1994; 01-22-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

Haha, I used to do the custom formation trick to get CBs up for corners in older versions. Do you know that you can use created set pieces to do the same now? Plus you can create some movement in addition to deciding who/how many in the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »