Home

Old 01-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15
Long Balls

does anyone use the Long Ball as a strategy? do you notice your strikers will go on runs for your defense to try and pick out? i started using this yesterday against my brother, not enough time to really test it out, but why can my keeprs still not boot the ball down field? no matter how much i power up these lobbed balls i seem to not be able to get it over the defense and let my guys chase onto it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Long Balls

All keepers boot the ball well past midfield, that's not an issue with the game. The problem is you never have enough players waiting for it, they mostly stay bunched together in your end. If you want the majority of your players waiting past midfield for the ball, create a custom formation specifically for goal kicks, and move your players upfield as high as the editor will allow.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
All keepers boot the ball well past midfield, that's not an issue with the game. The problem is you never have enough players waiting for it, they mostly stay bunched together in your end. If you want the majority of your players waiting past midfield for the ball, create a custom formation specifically for goal kicks, and move your players upfield as high as the editor will allow.
in real life, most keepers can boot the ball into the other teams box pretty much, usually a goal kick will land around midway between midfield and the other box, in Fifa i can kick it about 10 feet passed the midfield line, unless i'm doing something wrong. and changing a formation every time i have a goal kick? no way
Old 01-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
and changing a formation every time i have a goal kick? no way
Well that about says it all. So you want the game to be better, but you don't want to have to do anything yourself.

Anyway, don't let me interrupt your continuing to be miserable. And hey, keep posting those complaints about how the game isn't "right"!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

so you mean i should press start, go to team management, formations, select formation, back to the game, take my goal kick, press start, go to team management, formations, select my formation, and back to the game every time i get a goal kick? and the person i'm playing against is supposed to wait for me every time?

i would have no problem if i could do this by pressing one button without going through the pause menus

also, you offered nothing constructive with the main idea of my post, how to more effectively utilize long balls in my game. and yes, i'll continue on enjoying the game thanks for your help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
so you mean i should press start, go to team management, formations, select formation, back to the game, take my goal kick, press start, go to team management, formations, select my formation, and back to the game every time i get a goal kick? and the person i'm playing against is supposed to wait for me every time?

i would have no problem if i could do this by pressing one button without going through the pause menus

also, you offered nothing constructive with the main idea of my post, how to more effectively utilize long balls in my game. and yes, i'll continue on enjoying the game thanks for your help
well you can hotkey the tactics to your dpad so you dont have to pause and go to the menu.

longball isnt bad if they are being overally aggressive and not very good at defending.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 02-02-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
Rookie

FLaSwagg813's Arena

OVR: 0

it is ok as a strategy but the problem is when you have to build up to get to midfield your teammates space out so far and just stand there . and the passes are so slow it leaves u at a disadvantage especially if you don't connect on the long pass

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »