Home

Squad update/transfer window

This is a discussion on Squad update/transfer window within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #9
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Squad update/transfer window

I'm hoping they add the draft picks and make the transfers. You can always download Montreal off the creation centre. Someone has done a good job of creating them.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

not completely sure, but do the overalls/attributes get updated as well?
Old 02-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #11
Rookie

Richuation's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preo32
I dont think they add draft picks. IDK for sure, but Im pretty sure a lot of the MLS is left untouched until the new FIFA. It's unfortunate because the game doesn't work well with most of the world in terms of season start. Plus, the MLS is adding a new team again next year, so IDK if many moves will be made since that would include taking out players that moves to the Montreal Impact. But again, I really dont remember how much was changed otherwise last year.

EDIT: Actually, I just remembered that the #1 pick from last years draft, Omar Salgado, was added to the Whitecaps. But the Whitecaps were in Rest of World last year before they moved to the MLS, so maybe they do add them all
I have been following this closely. From the best information we have right now, no players will be created on this roster update. Players will be transferred, but not created. Meaning, rookies and players brought in from leagues not included in FIFA12 will be missing. I am running an MLS league over a traditionsportsonline.com (http://forums.traditionsportsonline....ol-league.603/) and we are allowing the MLS team owners to create the missing players. I have the New England Revolution and have created all of the missing players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #12
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyroman
not completely sure, but do the overalls/attributes get updated as well?
Yes, typically there are ratings updates in addition to transfers. Hard to say to what extent since the database is so large. At the very least, guys who really improved this year should get a boost.

For example, I think Jack Wilshere was raised quite a bit from the Fall 2010 update to the Winter 2011... maybe low 70s to around 80, IIRC.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
All Star

jt45's Arena

Also there are several guys that have made their one-time FIFA switch in nationality - specifically Fabian Johnson and Terrence Boyd from Germany to USA. Hopefully, those guys get updated.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt45
Also there are several guys that have made their one-time FIFA switch in nationality - specifically Fabian Johnson and Terrence Boyd from Germany to USA. Hopefully, those guys get updated.
you used to be able to switch them manually but for some reason they locked that in the player edit screen. frustrating.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #15
All Star

jt45's Arena

Is this out yet?

edit: Its up, but weak. Still missing several MLS moves like Eddie Johnson to Seattle, Ching back to Houston, etc. I'm sure this has something to do with there not being a Montreal team in the game. I was crossing my fingers they would add a way around that.

Last edited by jt45; 02-23-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #16
Rookie

matthewske's Arena

OVR: 6

It is my personal opinion that EA's main priority with the February squad update is to duplicate the changes made in the European January transfer window. I would assume it is not a priority of EA to really touch on the MLS given most players play FIFA with european and international teams and given the MLS calendar is way different than the European calender

My question: Has anybody noticed in with this squad update there are many errors in the ages of a lot of the big-time players? I was going through to check and see if Sergio Ramos was moved to CB from RB (he was) and noticed Ronaldo, Ozil (listed as 21 he's 23), and Khedira's ages were all 1 or 2 years off (those were all I knew off the top of my head) and Barca had the same kind of thing. Does anybody know if this is a glitch with this update or was it always like that?

Also now looking through more, Messi and Iniesta ages are both off making them 1 year younger each

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »