Home

What To Do???

This is a discussion on What To Do??? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
What To Do???

In a bit of a stunner, Malaga has offered me $40,500,000 for 30 year old defender John Terry, the captain of my Chelsea club. By taking the deal I risk losing the stability of my back line heading into the 2011-12 season, and with Cech out for eight weeks due to a quad injury, I'm not so sure it's a smart move. But if I do take the deal, I'll have the funds to make a serious run at 19 year old Neymar, one of the finest young talents in the sport. What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Pro

letsgopens66's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What To Do???

I paid $90 mil for Neymar in my Bayern Munich CM. He's got great speed and footwork, but he's got horrible stamina. The kid needs to come out after 60-70 minutes usually.

Plus, I was hoping he could play striker for me but he's just not strong enough. I keep him at CAM

I'd take the deal. 40.5 mil is a lot for him, especially at 30.
Denver Broncos
Old 02-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
All Star

orion523's Arena

New developments! It's the eve of my Premier league debut against Stoke and several teams are interested in Drogba. Moving him along with Terry and restocking the club with two or three top flight youngsters could really inject some new life into the club, this will also most likely end any hopes of a league title and maybe even a champions league berth. it's a tough call.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

go for it. you can get a younger defender for alot less. problem you will probably have though is that terry wont leave you. ive offered alot to get him and he would never leave chelsea.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

OVR: 6

Why would you get rid of Terry (and with Cech out as well) and replace him with Neymar? You yourself said your back line would be thin, so don't spend the money on him. And as someone already mentioned, his stamina is awful. I've played probably three dozen CM's in 12' and have never bought Neymar simply for that reason. What's the point of having a striker if he can only play 3/4 of the match?

Sell Terry, sell Drogba (because you still have Torres, Anelka, and Sturridge) and pick up somebody like Subotic, Hummels, Sakho, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
All Star

orion523's Arena

In the end I kept both Terry and Drogba and went into the season standing pat. I figured it was best to get to know my club better before making any rash transfers that I would regret. There's always January....
Old 02-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
In the end I kept both Terry and Drogba and went into the season standing pat. I figured it was best to get to know my club better before making any rash transfers that I would regret. There's always January....
that is a smart move.

about neymar though. i also made the mistake of purchasing neymar with my custom team. he was great off the bench every other game on the wing, but i really dont think he fits the cam position well. his short passing is not that great. he works better as a slasher style making runs from just inside the wing area.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
that is a smart move.

about neymar though. i also made the mistake of purchasing neymar with my custom team. he was great off the bench every other game on the wing, but i really dont think he fits the cam position well. his short passing is not that great. he works better as a slasher style making runs from just inside the wing area.
As far as Neymar goes, my thought was that he would be an unstoppable force in the middle come two or three seasons down the line, and that was the reason for my interest now, because come two seasons from now he'll be unattainable. In the end however John Terry's brilliance on the back line was just too important to lose. Without him it would be Alex, Ivanovic, Luiz, and Cole. Nothing to sneeze at mind you but nowhere near as strong with Terry.

Last edited by orion523; 02-08-2012 at 04:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »