Home

What is your personal rule on simulating games?

This is a discussion on What is your personal rule on simulating games? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie

southriver's Arena

OVR: 1
What is your personal rule on simulating games?

I am playing a career with Liverpool. I went to sim a game vs Stoke City just figuring that they would proabley win easily. Ha...nope, of course this didn't sit right with me and i re-started and simmed again (i know...cheap). This time i won.

Then i started to wonder why just sim a game if i know i am gonna win it. What is your rule on simming? I only sim games that i most likely would win just to save time. Maybe i will sim once and if i loose then re-start and actually play the game? Ha...i have pondered this video game morale question many of times in NCAAA .

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: What is your personal rule on simulating games?

I usually play half and sim half of a season, making sure I play all important and rivalry matches. But all that was with FIFA 11, in 12 I rarely play offline.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I usually play all of the major tournaments (Champions League,Europa League) and the national cup, simming part of the domestic season except for rivalries and key matchups. About 60% play/40% sim.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

I do a similar thing. I started a career with Oxford United in nPower League 2 with the hopes of playing in the Premier League. I don't have the time to play every single game, so I play about half the games in a season, maybe a little less and basically play the top teams in my league and any cup match. I'll sim games I know that I'll win and usually won't settle with a loss. I'll re-start (cheap...I suppose) til I either get a tie or win. I figure that is what would happen if I actually played the game.

My career is now in the 3rd season and I am entering the nPower Championship. I have noticed that games have gotten extremely more difficult and have found myself playing almost every game. The season isn't going as great, but it's still fun. Not sure if I will simulate much this season or not. I want to just because of my free time issue, but I know that simming will almost always result in a loss for my team...
Old 02-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only games I'll ever sim are the preseason games since those just annoy me to play (& I'm usually trying to buy someone at that time too). I love playing the games & if there's a game that looks boring to me I'll usually just mix it up by trying a new formation, had a league game against West Ham one time & wasn't too keen on it so I unveiled a 3-3-4 formation & had a really good match.

I suppose that is one of the benefits of being in college though, I have the time to play through these games with relative ease.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm playing as the Co. Rapids (shocker), and simming games murdered my guys' form. I'm not sure how much I'll sim again. It seemed like a 60% chance that I'd come out of a simmed game with an injury as well. I'd rather play the games and help increase my players by keeping form up.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Preo32's Arena

OVR: 4

I rarely sim. In my last career mode, which was about 5 seasons (4 at St. Pauli, one at Torino), I only simmed the last 3 to 7 games of the season if I basically new my ending position. When I was in the 2nd division in Germany, the first year I got to a point where I knew I couldn't be promoted, so I simmed the rest of it. The next year, I was in first by like 10 games (up 20 or so one 4th) and knew Id be promoted either way, so I simmed the rest and held on to first.

Also I sim all the friendlies. They are pointless for me. I just started a new career mode with Santos (Neymar is just great, and can always sell for a ridiculous amount if I decide to go a different route, which I probably won't; also have Gonso, who is worth 40+ mil) and I plan on playing all of the games until I know my fate. So typically I'd say I only sim about 5 to 10% of the games, and they are all at the end. Or if I am in a tournament and in a 2-leg matchup, if I win the first by like 4 or 5, I may sim the 2nd leg, but usually I don't because I don't want to rely on that. I'd rather lose by playing than by simming.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
I'm finishing season 5 of Manager Mode. I started in Houston, went to Braga, then Schalke and have spent the last 2 seasons at Man City. The only matches I've simmed have been a few of the Friendlies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »