Home

FIFA Street Impressions and General Discussion

This is a discussion on FIFA Street Impressions and General Discussion within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #17
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: FIFA Street Early Release Impressions

"Can not play with 'em,can not win with 'em,can not coach with 'em,can't do it. I want winners!"

This game is unplayable on anything but easy. Good lawd the AI. Your teammate AI.
I don't even know what to say.
Easy is bad on defense. Just bad. You can work with it but yah,there'll be moments of shock and awe.
Normal is entirely inept on defense and takes a hit on offense. 4 on 2 basically.
Hard is just...I don't think I can say what I want to say,I'll just say the key word is olympic. I'll go with abhorrent for something I can actually say. Defense and offense. 4 on 1.

I thought maybe the point was you come back with better players later to play on the higher difficulties but even taking Man U against Seaswan City it's there. I won a captain off another team and took the stopper,no help.

I'm not sure what was worse. The opposing AI walking the ball into the net on easy with no goalie effort or my own AI putting the ball in their own net on hard. I'd love to show you these highlights but they decided silver members don't get to upload anything and you can't save replays or take pictures otherwise. Which really goes against the main point of the game.

Why was I playing on hard or even normal if it's so terrible? Because that's where the unlocks are. Incredibly bad design regardless of poor AI making 2 difficulties unplayable. You have to win on normal to have the names and numbers on your kit and win on hard to have the crest.

There's some nice looking arenas but I doubt I'd be able to get them. That Rio one looks beautiful but you have to win something on normal to get it. I started in England so I'm not sure what.

Not a single thing about it says full priced game.

I'm tempted to have this replace SC V on my list there but there was some fun to be had on easy with some really nice goals,the character creation is decent and the soundtrack is great.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindogg22
Anybody else with a PS3 having problems with the data being corrupted? Gets through the download fine then at the end of the install I get an error message and a corrupted data file exists where the game should be in the Xbar. I have tried twice now with the same result. Also says it is free in the PS store so I wonder if it is a problem on Sony's end? And yes, I am downloading the full early release version, not the demo.
I got it to work by downloading in the background and then installing it.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
MVP

ezio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
"Can not play with 'em,can not win with 'em,can not coach with 'em,can't do it. I want winners!"

This game is unplayable on anything but easy. Good lawd the AI. Your teammate AI.
I don't even know what to say.
Easy is bad on defense. Just bad. You can work with it but yah,there'll be moments of shock and awe.
Normal is entirely inept on defense and takes a hit on offense. 4 on 2 basically.
Hard is just...I don't think I can say what I want to say,I'll just say the key word is olympic. I'll go with abhorrent for something I can actually say. Defense and offense. 4 on 1.

I thought maybe the point was you come back with better players later to play on the higher difficulties but even taking Man U against Seaswan City it's there. I won a captain off another team and took the stopper,no help.

I'm not sure what was worse. The opposing AI walking the ball into the net on easy with no goalie effort or my own AI putting the ball in their own net on hard. I'd love to show you these highlights but they decided silver members don't get to upload anything and you can't save replays or take pictures otherwise. Which really goes against the main point of the game.

Why was I playing on hard or even normal if it's so terrible? Because that's where the unlocks are. Incredibly bad design regardless of poor AI making 2 difficulties unplayable. You have to win on normal to have the names and numbers on your kit and win on hard to have the crest.

There's some nice looking arenas but I doubt I'd be able to get them. That Rio one looks beautiful but you have to win something on normal to get it. I started in England so I'm not sure what.

Not a single thing about it says full priced game.

I'm tempted to have this replace SC V on my list there but there was some fun to be had on easy with some really nice goals,the character creation is decent and the soundtrack is great.
I agree with this, although I did win my first game on Normal in World Tour. I started in the US on the east coast. I was surprised how much harder it was on Normal. I may still get it but not sure especially if you can't play with club teams online. It is fun but I am not sure.

One thing I do like is how differnet venues play differnetly.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #20
Rookie

JsMcbain's Arena

OVR: 5

I had to clear my mind of anything "fifa12" relates strategy wise, and I am having a blast... Sarted north america canada east (montreal boy) and cleAred 1st stage on hard... So this is possible guys I did not try the demo but just by playing today this title went from ea season ticket + maybe location to must buy for me... Loving it!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #21
MVP

ezio's Arena

I decided I am still going to get it. It is a fun game. It stinks that you can't use real teams online but eventually you will have real players from playing World Tour so that will be fun. I also played an OTP game and that was fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

So I had season ticket since madden, for some reason it wouldn't let me download the early release. Talked to Ea support who were completely worthless. Decided I would end up getting season ticket for another year and be covered for the whole next season. By season ticket for the second time. At that point it let me download the early release. I start the game and as soon as it goes to connect to ea servers says I don't have a valid season ticket. Wtf, I buy it twice and don't get the content. Oh and ea support was worthless again saying I needed to take it up with Microsoft because it was a Microsoft transaction..... Well at least I can play Tuesday.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #23
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

This is exactly how your teammate AI plays defense...

...same look on my face at 3 seconds too.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #24
Rookie

pezone's Arena

OVR: 7

lol

COuldn't have said it better.

two things are killing this game for me...one is the inability to use real clubs online (I still can't find a good reason why they are not letting us do this)

#2 is defense here...it's horrible!!! Specially our AI teammates....they just stand there..doing absolutely nothing!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »