Home

having difficulty making the jump to World Class

This is a discussion on having difficulty making the jump to World Class within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
having difficulty making the jump to World Class

let me start by saying that i've been playing this game for a few years, starting with FIFA 10. I've played pretty much all of my games on professional difficulty, only occasionally playing on world class mode when I want a good challenge. With FIFA 12 i've absolutely dominated on professional difficulty setting, with my Real Madrid career mode I won everything, including all cups and only losing a few games. Needless to say it seemed like a good time to make the jump to world class and try something new, so I switched over to Manchester United. I'm finding the jump WAY to extreme, and i'm having incredibly difficulty just tying games with the AI. To help you get an idea of what i'm dealing with, in my career i'm 2-7-4 when playing on WC and just about undefeated when playing on professional, something like 10-1-0. (Alexander Pato is leading the league with 23 goals in 24 games, but that's a separate issue).

I also want to add that I play this game pretty obssesivly, so not being able to defeat the computer on WC really irks me. I hate beating the computer with little effort, but I also hate getting my butt handed to me by teams like Norwich City. It seems like in most games I get a nice lead but then all of the sudden the computer strikes back and ties the game at the last moment. Any advice for someone who's not new to the game who's desperatly trying to play on WC?

Last edited by MasterX1918; 04-02-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: having difficulty making the jump to World Class

Keep at it, when I started playing the game a few months ago, I was rather new to the series and was losing regularly on Professional, now after several months I can hold my own on Legendary, winning when I should(most times) and vice versa. Being new however I think gave me an advantage though because when I learned to defend, I learned the new way first; being patient, closing down, relying on interceptions rather than tackling. Offense was the same thing, slow patient build up, sharp passing, and decisive attacks. From what I've read here, most vets of the series struggle a lot due to the new game mechanics, maybe this is your issue?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Keep at it, when I started playing the game a few months ago, I was rather new to the series and was losing regularly on Professional, now after several months I can hold my own on Legendary, winning when I should(most times) and vice versa. Being new however I think gave me an advantage though because when I learned to defend, I learned the new way first; being patient, closing down, relying on interceptions rather than tackling. Offense was the same thing, slow patient build up, sharp passing, and decisive attacks. From what I've read here, most vets of the series struggle a lot due to the new game mechanics, maybe this is your issue?
i agree with this post. try slight adjustments to your sliders as well. just be patient and force them into making an error.

alot of this also depends on your playstyle. me personally i prefer 4-3-3 formation with a slow buildup of short passes, i like playing through balls tho. so im building up primarily in the middle of the pitch with my mid fielders. if my opponent makes a mistake in the midfield then i will dribble through and force their cb to defend me. this puts an even match up vs their d but i have the advantage because of how spread out everyone is. if they dont let me dribble, then i wait till i see the match up i want. a fast striker matched up on a slow cb with lots of room to run, thats when i play that through ball.

so i guess what im trying to say is think strategically, and think about where you are strong and where they are weak.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

The absolute beauty of this year's game is you can nerf the CPU's ability and rebalance the gameplay by making four simple slider adjustments. Lower CPU Speed and Acceleration, and raise CPU Shot Error and Pass Error. Fiddle with those until you find the settings that work for you.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

I am personally having trouble with the jump from Semi-Pro to Professional and I have found that messing with the sliders helps to make it difficult, but not overly so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #6
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

I just started playing world class and was able to score a few goals in both matches, however I ended up losing both games. The main difference as you ascend the difficulty ladder is you have to practice more patience and make every possession count. By that, I mean you have to focus on limiting bad mistakes offensively that put you immediately on the run defensively. The windows are definitely smaller offensively as the AI defense closes much faster and its hard to win one on ones unless your especially adept with skill moves. But you really don't need skill moves to create opportunities, just by passing quickly and strategically you should be able to create lanes for through balls or opportunities to put a strong shot on goal. But the key is definitely patience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »