Home

UEFA Euro 2012 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on UEFA Euro 2012 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #41
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
the euro will suck, having it in countries like poland and ukraine is just as lame as austria and switzerland were in terms of having a football tournament there. 2016 in france will be better and then moving on i really hope for italy, spain, germany or even turkey. just some more classical football countries. i have been following this since 1996 which was in england. then the downward spiral began, netherlands plus belgium and portugal were a worse choice of a host but still kind of acceptable but they took a further step backwards with austria and switzerland (both not qualified this time) and now ukraine and poland arent any better.
so withother words thats the kind of game that the competitions actually diserves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #42
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
the euro will suck, having it in countries like poland and ukraine is just as lame as austria and switzerland were in terms of having a football tournament there. 2016 in france will be better and then moving on i really hope for italy, spain, germany or even turkey. just some more classical football countries. i have been following this since 1996 which was in england. then the downward spiral began, netherlands plus belgium and portugal were a worse choice of a host but still kind of acceptable but they took a further step backwards with austria and switzerland (both not qualified this time) and now ukraine and poland arent any better.
so withother words thats the kind of game that the competitions actually diserves.
LOL.... WHAT?!?

Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal were a step backwards? Are you reading what you just wrote?

For one, the Euro held in Portugal was rated as one of the top in history due to infrastructure created, all-new stadiums, ticket sales, etc.

England's was one of the worst ever voted tournaments as have been tourney's held in Italy because essentially outside of the San Siro, the stadiums are Olympic stadiums.

Ahhhh, the things people say.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #43
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: UEFA Euro 2012 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
LOL.... WHAT?!?

Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal were a step backwards? Are you reading what you just wrote?

For one, the Euro held in Portugal was rated as one of the top in history due to infrastructure created, all-new stadiums, ticket sales, etc.

England's was one of the worst ever voted tournaments as have been tourney's held in Italy because essentially outside of the San Siro, the stadiums are Olympic stadiums.

I could not agree more. The Austria/Switzerland Euro was one of the most entertaining tournaments that I can remember (The first Euro I can remember is 2000 and the first WC I can remember is 1998).
Old 04-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #44
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Yes. For Season Pass members, you get a discount. I paid 1440 MS points. Not that bad in my book. I am enjoying the DLC so far.

I wish there was qualifying, but I get why they didn't include it now (unlicensed squads).

I have enjoyed FIFA12 for months and this DLC just adds to the experience for me.
I have a season ticket but it doesnt allow me to get the discount?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #45
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Are you buying it in-game or just going to the Xbox Live store?
If you do it in-game it should show the discounted 1440 price or whatever it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #46
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
LOL.... WHAT?!?

ahh? you got an idea whats the average attendance in most of those new stadiums in portugal is? besides the big 3 of course? i guess you dont.. and wtf ticket sales? stadiums during the euro are always sold out no matter where it is and who is playing

same goes for poland, average attendance in those newly build stadiums is around 15000 and less while they are for over 40.000 spectators and this will rather get worse before its getting better.

i didnt talk abt the quality of football obviously.

to austria and switzerland, im not sure if you have been in any of those countries while the tournament was held, i guess then you would have an idea what i mean...

italy will definetely not have stadiums with running tracks when they host the next big tournament so much is for sure.

oh man...
Old 04-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #47
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Having played for most of the afternoon, I am convinced that they have done SOMETHING to the match engine.

I don't know what, but there are several things in terms of animations and ball physics that I haven't seen before. Even though they say they haven't touched the engine, they may have snook a small patch in there somewhere.

There are several bugs though which need to be addressed. Even though I am enjoying this DLC overall, we need to be able to use multiple teams in the tournament mode, and these issues need to be fixed.

Apart from that though it's pretty good
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #48
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Damn it, I bought it from the store and made the same mistake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »