Home

im new to soccer...help!

This is a discussion on im new to soccer...help! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #17
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3
New to the game and I am having serious troubles with the ball. It seems like I get it taken away from every time if I have no one to pass to. I can't get by anyone that's in front of me as they just run up and take it away haha. Need some serious help/tips.
Chelsea FC
Old 05-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: im new to soccer...help!

how do i get roster updates? i started an online game thinking it would automatically update the newest rosters but it didnt. can anyone help?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
how do i get roster updates? i started an online game thinking it would automatically update the newest rosters but it didnt. can anyone help?
Seriously man. How about you respond to the people helped you out with your last set of questions, BEFORE you ask for more help? Did you for example try the slider tweaks that were suggested? Did they work for you?

Last edited by Yeats; 05-08-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #20
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

nevermind i found out how to do so. i have yet another question but its not about gameplay or the video game for that matter. im real curious, how do soccer fans know what chants to sing and when to start them. ive been watching barclays on espn and the fans make the atmosphere, but how do they know these chants? does each team have set chants that are done each game? also Blackburn lost to Wigan and since they lost they're out of the premiere league? how and why does this happen? does this mean they will be picked up in another league? so much i need to learn but i enjoy watching soccer so much.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #21
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

im not new to soccer games in general, but im new to being a fan of the sport etc. started this past year. my cousin roots for Liverpool FC, so thats who i decided i would follow,

with that said, im a HUGE hockey nut, love it. id rather watch the two worst NHL teams play than say any NFL game.

playing the NHL series has become a bore. only reason to really play is that my buds and i play EASHL all the time. but even that as of late has become really stale.

if it wasnt for getting the EA Season Pass for free last year, i never would have tried Fifa 12. after 2 days with it i ended up buying it on release. so much fun, a great change of pace game for me. as of late i started messing with the offline team tactics to slow the game down PES 12 style. it has worked somewhat and im having a blast with the offline aspect as well as the club games as well. (picked up PES 12 last week, bc this soccer craze im in LOL, very solid!!)..

so for me, Fifa12/PES12 > NHL 12 (and its not even close)
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
im not new to soccer games in general, but im new to being a fan of the sport etc. started this past year. my cousin roots for Liverpool FC, so thats who i decided i would follow,

with that said, im a HUGE hockey nut, love it. id rather watch the two worst NHL teams play than say any NFL game.

playing the NHL series has become a bore. only reason to really play is that my buds and i play EASHL all the time. but even that as of late has become really stale.

if it wasnt for getting the EA Season Pass for free last year, i never would have tried Fifa 12. after 2 days with it i ended up buying it on release. so much fun, a great change of pace game for me. as of late i started messing with the offline team tactics to slow the game down PES 12 style. it has worked somewhat and im having a blast with the offline aspect as well as the club games as well. (picked up PES 12 last week, bc this soccer craze im in LOL, very solid!!)..

so for me, Fifa12/PES12 > NHL 12 (and its not even close)
If you can, try FIFA 12 on the PC using regularcat's phenomenal gameplay patch. The default EA gameplay is complete crap by comparison -- always has been with this series IMO, and just as unrealistic and cheesy as their NHL series' gameplay. regularcat's patch is available on soccergaming.com.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #23
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
If you can, try FIFA 12 on the PC using regularcat's phenomenal gameplay patch. The default EA gameplay is complete crap by comparison -- always has been with this series IMO, and just as unrealistic and cheesy as their NHL series' gameplay. regularcat's patch is available on soccergaming.com.
my laptop and desktop cant handle anything new sadly.. ill check out some videos on that though, if available. thats one thing i miss about gaming on my pc, mods and tuner sets that make the games so much better.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #24
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
nevermind i found out how to do so. i have yet another question but its not about gameplay or the video game for that matter. im real curious, how do soccer fans know what chants to sing and when to start them. ive been watching barclays on espn and the fans make the atmosphere, but how do they know these chants? does each team have set chants that are done each game? also Blackburn lost to Wigan and since they lost they're out of the premiere league? how and why does this happen? does this mean they will be picked up in another league? so much i need to learn but i enjoy watching soccer so much.
1) Every team has their own set of chants, that they sing for various reasons. In a lot of stadiums the singing will be started in an individual section by the more hardcore fans, before it spreads around the rest of the ground. You can find chants by team at fanchants. co. uk

2) Because Blackburn lost, even if they won all their remaining games, they wouldn't have enough points to be out of the bottom three. the bottom three in the premier league at the end of every season gets relegated to the championship, with the top two teams and the winner of the championship (places 3-6) play-offs replacing the premier league teams. All the leagues in England operate a promotion/relegation system, apart from the premier league which only has relegation, due it being the top league.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »