Home

Question about the BAP Mode

This is a discussion on Question about the BAP Mode within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about the BAP Mode

Hey all...so I've got a really, really stupid question that I'll probably get yelled at for asking, but I couldn't find the info anywhere else and I suck at this game, so... :P

Okay, so, I just recently got this game and decided to make a Player Career on the NY Red Bulls, at least to start out. I know absolutely NOTHING about soccer--where to position myself, who to protect, when to rush up, when to stay back, etc. etc.--so I usually just camp myself out as high as I can go without being offsides and then just try to call for breakaway passes to score goals (I'm playing as a Center Forward so I figure that's not such a terrible thing to do :P)

Here's my question: In NHL 12 BAP there's a blue arrow that constantly tells you where to position yourself. In Fifa, I will OCCASIONALLY see a yellow arrow underneath my player telling me to go in a certain direction, but sometimes there are red circles under one or several opposing players in my immediate area. I'm assuming that the yellow arrows are telling me to position myself in a certain place on the field--but what do the red circles mean? I guess I assumed that the red circles are the people that I have to cover--but why is the yellow arrow pointing me away from the people that I have to cover?

Also, I've noticed that sometimes while following the yellow arrows my match rating will drop several points. Why is this? I guess I assumed that if I followed my "coach's" positioning requests my match rating would go up, wouldn't it? How exactly does match rating work? Obviously if I score goals or make nice passes that lead to goals I get a big boost in my match rating, but what do I have to do to keep it from dropping rapidly right after I score a big goal or make an awesome pass?

Thanks for the info, guys, and sorry my questions were so terrible :P
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »