Home

why fifa isnt all that great..

This is a discussion on why fifa isnt all that great.. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: why fifa isnt all that great..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
boggles my mind why people care so much about presentation over gameplay. this isnt baseball where the field makes a difference, so i dont know why people cry so hard over this and all the other fluff that are in sports games.

shouldnt they get the mechanics of the game correct, is that not the most important aspect of sports games ?
its abt what you are looking for i guess. if somebody wants to compete online and maybe play games against friends its good enough. but if you love association modes in sports games and you really want to feel like you are managing a club or being part of a real La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A,... season then i think the lack of presentation can kill the game for you or at least take away a big part of its fascination.
ea could give it a try and release stadium packs as DLC, would be the first one im buying!

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 05-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
You're outlining the issues every single EA Sports game has including Madden, NHL and Tiger Woods. So at some point you have to understand that if you're going to buy an EA Sports game, this is what you get. It's really their corporate game design and development "trademark" if you think about it, and has been for a decade now. I doubt it's going to change, and why should it? They make money hand over fist each year releasing the games they currently do now.

The only EA game I ever buy is FIFA because I play on the PC and can mod issues you're identifying here along with many others. I will never buy another EA Sports console game, bottomline.
I agree with you. I wouldn't call it the number one sports game right out of the box unlike PES, however - with the PC version and all the MODS that are available - it is the best footie game I have played since PES 6. I am considering switching all my data from my PES report - that's how crazy good this game is on the PC.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
the english commentary is acceptable but boring still. and did any of you guys try an other languages than english?
Hard to fathom what you're expecting here. The English commentary -- both versions -- is above and beyond anything you'll find in any other sports game. I think it's exceptional, yes, don't know about the other languages because I don't use them. Presentation is minimalist sure, but for me the quality of the commentary makes that a non-issue. Listening to high-quality PBP as I play > a bunch of presentational cutscenes I always skip through anyway after I've had the game for two days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #12
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
its abt what you are looking for i guess. if somebody wants to compete online and maybe play games against friends its good enough. but if you love association modes in sports games and you really want to feel like you are managing a club or being part of a real La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A,... season then i think the lack of presentation can kill the game for you or at least take away a big part of its fascination.
ea could give it a try and release stadium packs as DLC, would be the first one im buying!
do you even play sports titles? or do you just watch the cpu vs cpu and try to be in awe and amazement looking for every single little detail you can find ? if you want to feel like you are managing the club then why dont you just play football manager or fifa manager ?
Old 05-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
do you even play sports titles? or do you just watch the cpu vs cpu and try to be in awe and amazement looking for every single little detail you can find ? if you want to feel like you are managing the club then why dont you just play football manager or fifa manager ?
yes im always playing myself. never found it very interesting to watch the cpu vs cpu (except for manager games), in fact i have never done it, lol. but yea i really have an eye for the details when it comes to sports games.

its true i like manager games a lot as well, but thats a different story. i didnt mean to say that im getting the biggest pleasure out of only managing my team but rather a union of it with good gameplay (which is the basis for every sports title) and great atmosphere. for some the latter may not matter as much as it does for others, i understand and respect that.

Last edited by geisterhome; 05-31-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #14
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Hard to fathom what you're expecting here. The English commentary -- both versions -- is above and beyond anything you'll find in any other sports game.
ok i guess its subjective but i find at least the commentary in the mlb2k and nba2k series better than the one of any ea fifa game. actually i still think it was actually better in fifa 11 than in fifa 12 (played both on pc).

Old 05-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Hard to fathom what you're expecting here. The English commentary -- both versions -- is above and beyond anything you'll find in any other sports game. I think it's exceptional, yes, don't know about the other languages because I don't use them. Presentation is minimalist sure, but for me the quality of the commentary makes that a non-issue. Listening to high-quality PBP as I play > a bunch of presentational cutscenes I always skip through anyway after I've had the game for two days.
NBA 2K set the standard for commentary and FIFA is LIGHTYEARS away from true dynamic commentary. They rarely have more than 1 phrase about individual players, and I'm talking about the likes of CR7 & Messi.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #16
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

i thought nba2k commentary was good at first. then it became so repetative after like 20 games or so.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »