Home

FIFA 12 PC Appreciation thread :)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 PC Appreciation thread :) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #33
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: FIFA 12 PC Appreciation thread :)

Was mostly using RC's gameplay mod, but with update 2, the game was getting too easy and becoming a goal fest on legendary. Just installed Fidel's gameplay mod v5.1, and briefly tried it. Felt really good. Will play more with his mod tonight.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Was mostly using RC's gameplay mod, but with update 2, the game was getting too easy and becoming a goal fest on legendary. Just installed Fidel's gameplay mod v5.1, and briefly tried it. Felt really good. Will play more with his mod tonight.
That was a complaint about rcat's update 2 from several people, I would just stick with the original. Funny, I've switched to fidel's mod the past week because it's easier for me (and plays more naturally IMO). I found rcat's mod too extreme in terms of forced difficulty. And don't even get me started on his DB file edits, which I don't use. The gameplay with the DB edits is just too frenzied for my tastes.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #35
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
That was a complaint about rcat's update 2 from several people, I would just stick with the original. Funny, I've switched to fidel's mod the past week because it's easier for me (and plays more naturally IMO). I found rcat's mod too extreme in terms of forced difficulty. And don't even get me started on his DB file edits, which I don't use. The gameplay with the DB edits is just too frenzied for my tastes.

I'm not using any other db edits, besides the patch I am using (FIFA Americas). Just been using the AI mods and also Fidel's crowd optimization mod. Game runs pretty damn smooth.

Still wish the cpu AI would attack more though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Still wish the cpu AI would attack more though.
Do you mean attack when they have the ball, or attack you when you have the ball? Both issues can be helped with CPU tactics edits. Download the CM editor, it's quick and easy to change formations/tactics for each team. Plus you don't have to save your edits to a limited number of slots.

Raise CPU defense pressure, buildup speed and shooting in order to see more defensive and offensive pressure. And if you're really feeling industrious, edit one CPU team to use as a test team and try out the following: Raise all players' aggression ratings into the 90s. You'll experience more defensive pressure from the CPU, and see more fouls and cards called against them.

One more thing: changing CPU players' tendencies to attack-minded is also going to change the way CPU teams attack. A lot of work, but again much easier with the CM editor.

Last edited by Yeats; 07-14-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #37
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Do you mean attack when they have the ball, or attack you when you have the ball? Both issues can be helped with CPU tactics edits. Download the CM editor, it's quick and easy to change formations/tactics for each team. Plus you don't have to save your edits to a limited number of slots.

Raise CPU defense pressure, buildup speed and shooting in order to see more defensive and offensive pressure. And if you're really feeling industrious, edit one CPU team to use as a test team and try out the following: Raise all players' aggression ratings into the 90s. You'll experience more defensive pressure from the CPU, and see more fouls and cards called against them.

One more thing: changing CPU players' tendencies to attack-minded is also going to change the way CPU teams attack. A lot of work, but again much easier with the CM editor.
Thanks, and I mean offensive attack. I do have the CM editor. I'll give that a try. Does it work with saved careers and do you have to regen after you save the changes?

Also, I do think Fidel's gameplay is much better. Even though I gave up late goals on my last 2 games. One of them was 2 goals given up in the last 3 minutes of a game which cost me a win. I edited the .ini file so that there is no momentum, so hopefully that was just an anomaly. I'll keep an eye out on it though.

Last edited by rckabillyRaider; 07-14-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Thanks, and I mean offensive attack. I do have the CM editor. I'll give that a try. Does it work with saved careers and do you have to regen after you save the changes?
Any time you edit the DB with the CM editor, you have to start with a new Squads save file. Unless you can just load your franchise file and edit that, I've never tried.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play the PC version a lot....mostly head to head seasons because all my friends play on Xbox...add me for some friendlies....GT: ilaylowfoshow
Old 07-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #40
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by datni99achris
I play the PC version a lot....mostly head to head seasons because all my friends play on Xbox...add me for some friendlies....GT: ilaylowfoshow
how is online play for pc ? i think im going to buy 13 for pc but was hoping enough ppl are playing online h2h.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »