Home

Old 06-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Free Kicks

everytime i get a free kick i seem to kick it right to the opposing players. is there a way to get better at this or do i just have to know the power of my kick better? the computer seems to get it right on target everytime. im getting better as corner kicks but free kicks are just terrible for me and im better off just passing it to the closest guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Free Kicks

Too bad you don't play the PC version, regularcat released a gameplay mod with tweaked shooting that allows for more bend/curl on the ball. I've blasted in some long-range beauties the past 2-3 months, something I could never do with the default gameplay.

Raise the CPU shot error slider if you want the CPU to be less deadly on freekicks.

Last edited by Yeats; 06-05-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

im just now starting to get better at free kicks. you can practice it in the arena. youtube some videos and see if they help. if they dont, just keep practicing. ive gotten pretty good at curling them around the wall.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm terrible at free kicks, always have been, always will. I've read the guides, watched the videos, etc. and it just doesn't work for me. If I'm out wide I'll put it in the area for someone to win and if I'm just on the edge of the area and I don't think I have the time to get the necessary dip, then again I use use the lofted pass button, which works well sometimes, but it's difficult to get right.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 06-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #5
Pro

sabres32's Arena

not to get off topic of free kicks but one thing ive adjusted that has kept me into the game is having my shots fully assisted. to many times i would miss the easiest goals and i got fed up with that. one other area of the game that has me a bit concerned is, it seems like to players are almost to "free". what i mean is there is so much space it seems and players are running around at will with the ball. i feel like there should be more 1 on 1 battles. usually when im up 1 on 1 with someone my player makes some dumb move at the offensive guy and i get turned around 360 degrees. idk its a good game tho and im real in to my career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #6
Pro

sabres32's Arena

now back to free kicks...when im controlling a kick with the goalie (not a goal kick) i feel all im doing is blindly kicking it upfield hoping for one of my guys to be there. half the time i do this, it goes straight to the opponent. i tried using that little map of the field that shows the player icons but it doesnt work. i usually like to just toss the ball to the closest player so i dont lose possession. any tips on this?
Old 06-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
now back to free kicks...when im controlling a kick with the goalie (not a goal kick) i feel all im doing is blindly kicking it upfield hoping for one of my guys to be there. half the time i do this, it goes straight to the opponent. i tried using that little map of the field that shows the player icons but it doesnt work. i usually like to just toss the ball to the closest player so i dont lose possession. any tips on this?
If you just boot the ball long, chances are the other team will end up with it. The reason for that is your players by default don't set themselves upfield far enough. One option then is to find a spot where a group of your players are camped out, usually just your side of midfield, and drop the ball in there. Or you can create a custom formation just for goalkicks, moving your players up field as far as they'll go. I did that and I use it from time to time, it works very well.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
other area of the game that has me a bit concerned is, it seems like to players are almost to "free". what i mean is there is so much space it seems and players are running around at will with the ball.
Fix that by creating custom CPU formations and raising defense aggression to 80+. That forces the CPU to be more aggressive when you have the ball, and you won't have all that space and room to move anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »