Home

FIFA 13 Career Mode Preview, New Features and Introduces New Skill Games

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Career Mode Preview, New Features and Introduces New Skill Games within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #41
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: FIFA 13 Career Mode Preview, New Features and Introduces New Skill Games

In your honest opinion...is FIFA 13 worth getting for a casual follower of soccer?

I've been reading through the FIFA 12 career thread and I don't know most of who the players are..don't understand the contract offers or trades.

I like the game and how it plays. Just wondering if it's too deep for a casual fan of the sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

I actually have a couple friends who knew nothing of the sport, but started playing FIFA and have grown to thoroughly enjoy it.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlies317
I actually have a couple friends who knew nothing of the sport, but started playing FIFA and have grown to thoroughly enjoy it.
Yep, know a lot of people in this boat.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice2142
Sorry i havent played PES (besides for the demo) but do they portray a clubs play style? Do some teams play more defensive or ball control and others may play more agressive? I'm buying a soccer game for the 1st time in 10+ years and debating between FIFA and PES.
Put it this way, on PES you can tell the computer is actually using a strategy to score. Each team plays very true to their style. The great thing is that PES gives you an awesome game of soccer - ball movement, strategies, great passing and wicked set ups. I have been scored on by the CPU in ways that FIFA has never been able to dream of. In FIFA, every team just brings the ball up and immediately tries to score. There is no strategy in FIFA, no team specific playing style, no thought on the part of the CPU.

The first time the CPU scored on me in PES I was blown away by how they set me up. PES is soccer, FIFA is a videogame.

That being said. FIFA looks so good. I wish they had team specific play and a deeper soccer experience. Thus far, EA seems content to just focus on looks, glitz, and glamor. Hopefully when the demo comes out, FIFA has changed. The PES demo is awesome.

Time will tell.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
In your honest opinion...is FIFA 13 worth getting for a casual follower of soccer?

I've been reading through the FIFA 12 career thread and I don't know most of who the players are..don't understand the contract offers or trades.

I like the game and how it plays. Just wondering if it's too deep for a casual fan of the sport.
FIFA is great for a casual fan. It is not a deep soccer experience so you won't have to worry about being overwhelmed. When you are ready for a deep soccer experience, PES is the way to go. Although, we will have to see when FIFA 13 comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #46
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
FIFA is great for a casual fan. It is not a deep soccer experience so you won't have to worry about being overwhelmed. When you are ready for a deep soccer experience, PES is the way to go. Although, we will have to see when FIFA 13 comes out.
Yeah..I bought the 2010 FIFA World Cup and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't know much about formations and shifts nor the less popular players.

I d/l the PES 2013 demo and I like the more slower, strategic and tactical pace.

Ugh, decisions.

Excellent post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Put it this way, on PES you can tell the computer is actually using a strategy to score. Each team plays very true to their style. The great thing is that PES gives you an awesome game of soccer - ball movement, strategies, great passing and wicked set ups. I have been scored on by the CPU in ways that FIFA has never been able to dream of. In FIFA, every team just brings the ball up and immediately tries to score. There is no strategy in FIFA, no team specific playing style, no thought on the part of the CPU.

The first time the CPU scored on me in PES I was blown away by how they set me up. PES is soccer, FIFA is a videogame.

That being said. FIFA looks so good. I wish they had team specific play and a deeper soccer experience. Thus far, EA seems content to just focus on looks, glitz, and glamor. Hopefully when the demo comes out, FIFA has changed. The PES demo is awesome.

Time will tell.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #47
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

one thing that bothers me about the current career mode is if you are playing as your virtual pro, you don't really get to play your cup matches due to exhaustion. I know in reality, the big stars don't play the early cup matches but I wish it would at least give us the option to play in them.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

FIFA12 was heavily customizable for the PC. It was an easy ini fix to tone down transfers or fix player progression. Even AI and skill moves was just a quick change. It's ridiculous this is all the official team could come up with when they are paid good money to pump out a new version in 12 months time. Modders did all this stuff in a few weeks and made the pc game of FIFA12 so much better. Pathetic how little really changes season to season. No doubt there will be a show stopping bug in manager mode like always.

My biggest complaint with the FIFA series is the hard limit on roster sizes, I believe it's 42 players, anything more crashes the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »