Home

FIFA 13 Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Videos From Gamescom within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #17
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa 13 footage from Gamescom.

Thanks for the posted videos. I really enjoyed them. Wets the appetite before this game is released. The EPL resumes tonight and I cannot wait for the season to start!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA 13 Videos From Gamescom

Seems like a lack of fouls again.
Only saw a sending off in one of the demos.

The pace is way too fast.
It's like a pin ball machine there...real football isnt like that.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Like others have mentioned, the pace is blistering fast. It's just back and forth with lightning bolt passes bouncing between the feet of players.

I've only been playing FIFA since I picked up the World Cup version of the game, so it's all I've known for soccer video games. But after getting interested in real soccer after playing the video game and watching the occasional match here and there, it's easy to see how far off FIFA's default settings are from the real deal.

I was far more impressed with the feel and speed of the PES demo to be honest.

It'll be interesting to see just how much you can slow down FIFA with settings. I'm happy that I have the EA Sports Season ticket to test things out before investing 60 dollars in this game.

Either way, I'm thrilled that there's a competitive soccer video game market. In the past it was a no brainer to get FIFA if you were a console gamer, at least in my neck of the woods.

If only the other major sports titles had this competitive atmosphere, I'd be in heaven.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #20
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Hopefully the game speed on a lower setting with some slider tweaks improve the overall dynamic of gameplay.

I don't understand why EA insists on creating this pinballish arcade style for FIFA's default gameplay. They put all sorts of great tools in the game to make it play quite well with a number of adjustments, but the most common experience people will have with the game is what we see in the videos.

It seems like player movement is almost too sharp. The passing looked silly—the ball was rocketing in perfectly straight lines right to the receiver. I don't think any player in those videos attempted to pass the ball back and build up on attack.

That all said, there were some great slider sets here last year that made FIFA 12 play much better than its default settings. I expect the same will be the case this year.

I'm sure it will be a great game with some tuning,

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »