Home

FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #33
Banned

artmind's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Ummm, artmind, I said NO generalizations and rhetoric. Seriously man, I'm trying to be diplomatic about this, but please stop posting this stuff. The fact you're extending it to other sports only makes it worse. You can dislike EA Sports all you want, but please leave your agenda at the door if you want to discuss the games at OS.

We encourage critical and, above all, civil discussions. We don't need parroted platitudes about business/marketing practices. Thank you for your cooperation.
I don't understand what you want from me?! What about freedom of speech and all that stuff which you are so proud? I didn't abuse nobody
Old 09-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #34
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmind
I don't understand what you want from me?! What about freedom of speech and all that stuff which you are so proud? I didn't abuse nobody
Most important thing is to keep from comparing this game to the other game so it doesn't start a flame war. You are able to say all you wan't about FIFA in this thread/topic/forum but refrain from bringing in the other game as comparison.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #35
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I'd like to caution everyone against overreacting to these initial gameplay videos. Most of them are being played by very young people looking to perform every dribbling trick in the book, regardless of where they are on the pitch or who has possession of the football. They're also trying to score in the least amount of time possible.

Look at the following video, that came out around the same time last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOXab2iZGNM

Even the human vs. CPU stuff that initially came out looked awful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmUJajHxgjY

However, as many of us know, FIFA 12 gameplay was made fairly decent with changes to difficulty settings / game speed / sliders / tactics. Was it perfect? Uhhh not even remotely. But, it was better than the first videos led us to believe.

I'm just not going to look at any of these gameplay videos anymore, because they're proving to be rather misleading, incomplete, and discouraging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #36
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Adjusting sliders, tactics and ratings after the fact can help Human VS CPU play to some extent but even with all the adjustments FIFA 12 is still lacking a true soccer IQ. You cannot add this logic after the fact with tweaks. Secondly, online play is default which means cheap exploit and overpowered stats are unavoidable. That right there is the game breaker for me. If I want that I will go buy FIFA Street and love it to death. If I want something resembling the true game then I just don't see FIFA differentiating itself that much from Street outside of the obvious cosmetic differences.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #37
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Yeah, as an offline only player, I understand that completely. You're also right about the lack of fundamental football logic in the game. FIFA 12, as deep as it was for Career Mode, became monochromatic in terms of gameplay. By the end of my third season, it didn't genuinely matter if my opponent was Cardiff City or Manchester City.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed it quite a lot and if they fix the problems with the Youth Academy and progression, I find the FIFA Career Mode deep enough to enjoy despite its inferior football.

Maybe this year I'll be able to enjoy the Master League, but the descriptions of it for 2013 don't sound promising.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #38
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

its funny as much as i dislike the high pace in fifa. it really doesnt compare to madden or ncaa. i was just watching plays of the week and it seriously is out of control in those games. at least in fifa they look somewhat more natural moving instead of skating on ice or grass rather.

as far as people bashing the game. i can understand. yet at the same time i dont expect them to have it completely together yet. they dont have to fix everything at once. just as long as they dont break things and overall improve the game (although slightly), i can give them my support.

in all games, people will take advantage of anything they can while playing online. ive just learned to play with other people who have the same interest in me. remember, just because you can play cheesy and unsim like, it doesnt mean you have to. id rather have that freedom available then to be forced to play only the way the developer wants me to.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #39
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Yeah, my appreciation of FIFA grows exponentially when I look at the Madden series. I downloaded the demo for Madden 13 and my jaw dropped at the sheer cartoon silliness of it.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

As a certified travel head coach here in NJ, I'm not really into the style that EA is pushing with their FIFA game. The biggest issue with me is the AI, which is something PES has. I just don't feel any play build up whatsoever, or any strategy...let's just worry about pace and blow past everyone.

I have season ticket, so when this comes out I will play it, but I highly doubt I will pick this up as I already know I'm getting PES.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »