Home

FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #33
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

Scouting boost thing??? Ugh. Really? I hope that's not going to be the new model for FIFA. Unlocking gameplay elements with purchases.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #34
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Scouting boost thing??? Ugh. Really? I hope that's not going to be the new model for FIFA. Unlocking gameplay elements with purchases.
its in the catalogue. custom scout scours the globe to find you a player. can only be used once a season. its the coin store, so it doesnt cost money.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #35
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
its in the catalogue. custom scout scours the globe to find you a player. can only be used once a season. its the coin store, so it doesnt cost money.
Gotcha, thanks. I'll have to research it later!

I gather it's making use of all the XP based currency that one unlocks from achievements, skill games, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Gotcha, thanks. I'll have to research it later!

I gather it's making use of all the XP based currency that one unlocks from achievements, skill games, etc.
Yup, all through football club. It seems harmless just a way to customize your game.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

My Youtube Channel, I will be uploading almost exclusively sports gaming vids, along with other general gaming content. I'd appreciate any subs or contributions you guys want to give :D
Old 09-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
how many seasons did you sim ? what was the highest overall you got from any player? did you try the scouting boost thing from the store ?
Simmed 4 seasons, highest I got was a Striker who got up to 79 by that point. That is a little deceiving though as I got most of my best players in later seasons and at that point I had 5 or 6 guys who had played 2 seasons and were between 76-79 and 19 or under. Best coming in? I got maybe 4 guys who came in at a 71. A Couple midfielders, a striker and a defender.

Edit: didnt know about the scout boost til now, so that was not used in these results.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #38
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuhockeycj
Simmed 4 seasons, highest I got was a Striker who got up to 79 by that point. That is a little deceiving though as I got most of my best players in later seasons and at that point I had 5 or 6 guys who had played 2 seasons and were between 76-79 and 19 or under. Best coming in? I got maybe 4 guys who came in at a 71. A Couple midfielders, a striker and a defender.

Edit: didnt know about the scout boost til now, so that was not used in these results.
It seems like you haven't come across any virtuoso/generational talents, but that doesn't mean they're not in the game. They should be extremely rare. That range of 76-79 at 19 or under with experience seems bang on to me.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
It seems like you haven't come across any virtuoso/generational talents, but that doesn't mean they're not in the game. They should be extremely rare. That range of 76-79 at 19 or under with experience seems bang on to me.
Yea I've had some guys who end up like 68-80 OVR but everyone has been on the lower end of that. One of the midfielders I got came in at 71 with a potential 90-94. I thought he would take off so I started him most games for two years and he's been about +3 each year. Not bad and still could live up to potential but I had really high hopes for him. Came in with 90+ vision and att intelligence.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I landed a central defender from Denmark...came in at 75 with 4 star skill moves and 5 star weak foot. His interceptions and aggressiveness ratings were both in the 90s. My mouth was watering.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »