Home

Any vita info at all so far?

This is a discussion on Any vita info at all so far? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Any vita info at all so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag66
I picked up a copy at lunch. I wil try to get a game in soon and give my impressions.
Brave man..thanks for any info
Old 09-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #18
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
I picked up a copy at lunch. I wil try to get a game in soon and give my impressions.
Thanks. The big thing I want to know is if sliders are included. If they aren't in there, I'll just stick with FIFA Soccer.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #19
Pro

Drag66's Arena

OVR: 9

OK, I played one 5 minute half - Chelsea v. Arsenal. Take these impressions with a grain of salt as I just finished a half so I could give some answers to questions many had in this thread.

It is an improvement over the launch FIFA Soccer released earlier this year, but said improvement is slight.

First, the new physics engine does not appear to be in the game. I did notice that the ball physics seemed a little more organic, but the interaction between players is the same as the launch version.

Second, tactical defending is NOT in the game. It is legeacy defending only.

Third, there are no sliders in the game that I saw. I went into the settings menu during the game and there were no sliders.

Fourth, the graphics appear to be about the same, but the framerate is definitely improved. The game was a lot smoother in the box and when many players were on the screen. There were slight hitches during these instances in the launch version, but 13 is much smoother.

Fifth, the game speed seems to be faster than the launch title just as the console version this year. I lowered the speed to slow and that helped some, but it still appears to be faster than the launch version.

Sixth, the game modes remain unchanged form the launch title.

It is disappointing that the console changes from FIFA 12 didn't make it into the Vita version, specifically the physics engine and the tactical defending. My advice is that if you didn't buy the launch title, by all means, buy this version as it is a terrific handheld soccer title. If you bought the launch version, the only improvement you will really be getting with 13 is updated kits, smoother framerate, updated menus, slightly better ball physics, and updated rosters.

Last edited by Drag66; 09-25-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #20
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

What about create a player? or edit teams?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
Pro

Drag66's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM CEO
What about create a player? or edit teams?
I just checked for you and it does have create a player, edit player, and edit teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #22
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

Quote:
I just checked for you and it does have create a player, edit player, and edit teams.
Thank you sir...you just made my day better...I'm still pissed...but in the end EA still wins even with a lack luster release, because I will will buy. Which is why EA continues to get away with this crap...now I am starting to understand the love hate thing for EA...
Old 09-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #23
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
OK, I played one 5 minute half - Chelsea v. Arsenal. Take these impressions with a grain of salt as I just finished a half so I could give some answers to questions many had in this thread.

It is an improvement over the launch FIFA Soccer released earlier this year, but said improvement is slight.

First, the new physics engine does not appear to be in the game. I did notice that the ball physics seemed a little more organic, but the interaction between players is the same as the launch version.

Third, there are no sliders in the game that I saw. I went into the settings menu during the game and there were no sliders.

Fourth, the graphics appear to be about the same, but the framerate is definitely improved. The game was a lot smoother in the box and when many players were on the screen. There were slight hitches during these instances in the launch version, but 13 is much smoother.

Fifth, the game speed seems to be faster than the launch title just as the console version this year. I lowered the speed to slow and that helped some, but it still appears to be faster than the launch version.

It is disappointing that the console changes from FIFA 12 didn't make it into the Vita version, specifically the physics engine and the tactical defending. My advice is that if you didn't buy the launch title, by all means, buy this version as it is a terrific handheld soccer title. If you bought the launch version, the only improvement you will really be getting with 13 is updated kits, smoother framerate, updated menus, slightly better ball physics, and updated rosters.
this review is spot on. i got it at lunch and played a game. faster gameplay, smoother framerate, new menus, updated rosters. better than last year's but the improvements are probably only noticeable by hardcore fans...if you didn't get last year's you could probably live with that version if you want to save money on a used copy. still a really good game.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #24
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:

No sliders or tactical defending means I'll stick with FIFA Soccer. Not paying $40 for a roster update.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »