Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

In my 2nd year at Tottenham, won the league, and Europa league last year. Lost both domestic cups pretty early. I am very Brazilians heavy apparently. Excuse the spelling on some of these.

GK - Lloris
RB - Walker
CB - Nastacia
CB- Vertoghen
LB - Marcelo
CDM - Demblee
CDM - Sandro
LM - Bale
RM - Lennon
CAM - Lucas
ST - Neymar

Bench Notables:

GK - Leali
CB - Kaboul
CB - Dawson
CAM - Adyran
LM - Brek Shea
LM - Clint Dempsey
RW - Musa
ST - Abel Hernandez
CDM - Livermore

CAM - Yago Falque - out for loan

Need more depth. So i will be looking at Wilson Palacious from Stoke(bringing him back to Tottenham), and one more good striker. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 AM   #146
MVP

OVR: 14

Finished my 2012/13 season with Aston Villa in 7th place with a 18-11-9 record (64-41 goal difference), 65 points. Man City won the league with 83 points, well ahead of Chelsea (74), Man Utd (73), Liverpool (71), Arsenal (69) and Spurs (66). West Ham, Wigan and Norwich were relegated, to be replaced by Wolves, Birmingham and Blackburn in 2013/14.

Gabby Agbonlahor joint top scored with Wayne Rooney with 18 league goals, Darren Bent just one behind. Agbonlahor and Charles N'Zogbia along with QPR's Adel Taarabt led the league with 9 assists each.

Man Utd won the League Cup, Chelsea the FA Cup, Inter over Schalke in the Euro League final, while Real Madrid beat Barcelona 1-0 in the Champions Cup.

Taking a break from the game before i start the next season though. Might actually start a Player Career instead.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #147
Pro

OVR: 2

I quickly started a career mode with Liverpool for 2 reasons : Lebron is a fan, and they have the Being Liverpool show. Plus there were once great and are now average at best so I figured it'd be a good challenge

First thing I did was loan out most everyone of my young stars that I didn't feel comfortable playing any in the first season.

Sold Suarez for 46 mil to Chelsea
I then paid for the best Scouts, scouting Brazil, England, and Italy for Playmakers, Attackers, Defenders

I went out and was going to get benzema for 28 mil, he pulled out though. The same with Cisse' and also Diouf .

Pulled Raul Miereles from Chelsea for a Defensive/possession midfielder allowing me to push Garrard up to CAM in a 4-3-3
Robinho from AC Milan for one of the winger slots
Thierry Henry I bought from the Redbulls as well.

I only have about 6 mil left after scouts and the signings and selling of Suarez.

That's about all I can remember, so far I'm 1-2 in League play (Lost to Wigan I think and Man City. Beat Arsenal) and have won two games in Capitol Cup to get to the Quarters, and lost in game one of group stage of European cup against some really bad club that came out on steroids and beat me 4-1 : Playing all on Legendary, and my backline is getting just plain worked mostly in the 42-45 and 85-90 minute areas.

I just don't know how far I'll go with this career mode as I'm not really connected to any clubs (Barca, but that's to easy. Inter 2nd, but they'll be easy, and then Villareal is a good choice to get promotion back but playing division two would get boring.). That's the thing I'm worried about is just losing interest in career mode because a.) I'm not really connected to a club or no a good one to connect to that has talent but also needs work and b.) I'm really out of touch with players themselves so overall I'm just disconnected from the immersion of knowing the teams/players and having a liking of teams/players, but I will say that the way career mode is setup this year with the news and notes that it is keeping me intrigued and hooked thus far which barely happened in past versions
Old 10-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #148
Rookie

r7carlson's Arena

OVR: 1

I just finished year 1 with Doncaster Rovers and was able to finish 2nd in the npower 1 and receive a promotion to the npower championship. The game definitely went into F you mode towards the end of the season. I was in 1st place by 7 points with a game in hand on 2nd. I then went on a stretch that saw me win only 3 of my next 12 games and fall to a tie for 2nd place 5 points back. I won my last 2 and finished 3 points back. It was an extremely frustrating stretch of games that resulted in a somewhat broken controller (I furthered damage from an earlier freak out).

In the off-season I was able to sign a few players to help strengthen my squad. One thing that sucked was that I did not have enough money to sign my best player who was 20 years old and a 71 overall. Since they don't give you your transfer funds until the window opens I could not sign him and he is now refusing to sign even though he is still a FA. Maybe it will allow me to sign him in the January window.

So far in the new season I lost my first game in the League Cup and got knocked out which is a huge blow since I rely on that money to buy players. I then decided it was time for a goalie change and went on a tear. My back up goalie won 5 in a row with 4 clean sheets and only gave up 1 goal. So far I'm 8 games in and sitting in 3rd place 2 points back.

Are there are any of you playing with lower level teams have had difficulties selling older players? I had probably 10-15 transfer offers that I agreed to where the talks broke down. It sucks when you're a team that doesn't have much money and needs every little bit.
NBA: Detroit Pistons
Old 10-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #149
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanner
I quickly started a career mode with Liverpool for 2 reasons : Lebron is a fan, and they have the Being Liverpool show. Plus there were once great and are now average at best so I figured it'd be a good challenge

First thing I did was loan out most everyone of my young stars that I didn't feel comfortable playing any in the first season.

Sold Suarez for 46 mil to Chelsea
I then paid for the best Scouts, scouting Brazil, England, and Italy for Playmakers, Attackers, Defenders

I went out and was going to get benzema for 28 mil, he pulled out though. The same with Cisse' and also Diouf .

Pulled Raul Miereles from Chelsea for a Defensive/possession midfielder allowing me to push Garrard up to CAM in a 4-3-3
Robinho from AC Milan for one of the winger slots
Thierry Henry I bought from the Redbulls as well.

I only have about 6 mil left after scouts and the signings and selling of Suarez.

That's about all I can remember, so far I'm 1-2 in League play (Lost to Wigan I think and Man City. Beat Arsenal) and have won two games in Capitol Cup to get to the Quarters, and lost in game one of group stage of European cup against some really bad club that came out on steroids and beat me 4-1 : Playing all on Legendary, and my backline is getting just plain worked mostly in the 42-45 and 85-90 minute areas.

I just don't know how far I'll go with this career mode as I'm not really connected to any clubs (Barca, but that's to easy. Inter 2nd, but they'll be easy, and then Villareal is a good choice to get promotion back but playing division two would get boring.). That's the thing I'm worried about is just losing interest in career mode because a.) I'm not really connected to a club or no a good one to connect to that has talent but also needs work and b.) I'm really out of touch with players themselves so overall I'm just disconnected from the immersion of knowing the teams/players and having a liking of teams/players, but I will say that the way career mode is setup this year with the news and notes that it is keeping me intrigued and hooked thus far which barely happened in past versions
Shouldn't have sold Suarez, he's one of the best CFs in the game
Old 10-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #150
Rookie

texassports328's Arena

OVR: 9

Any of you play as a (Edit(custom)) player? I've always seemed to prefer the various my player modes over manager mode.

Anyways, just finished a season on loan from AC Milan at Hibernian, then transferred to Newcastle. Should be an interesting season.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #151
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Transfer window just ended..on deadline date

In - Philipp Lahm, Alex Chamberlain
Out - Maicon, Rodwell, Y Toure

Using a 4-2-4

GK - Hart

Lahm-Sergio Ramos-Pique-Marcelo

Arturo Vidal-Samy Nasri

Hulk-Augero-Balotelli-Hazard

Key subs
Alex Chamberlain
Jozi Altidore
Scott Sinclair
Aleksander Kolarov
Javi Garcia
Micah Richards

In total...167 Mill spent (got more money through selling as well)

IN: Marcelo, Arturo Vidal, Hazard, Sergio Ramos, Piqué, Philipp Lahm, Alex Chamberlain

OUT: Kompany, David Silva, Nastasic, Milner, Carlos Tevez, Maicon, Rodwell, Y Toure and Zaboleta

Last edited by franch1se; 10-16-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #152
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

Just started a Chelsea career, made only minor moves as I feel like this team is so young that I want to see where they progress after a full season of play.

OUT: Meireles, Benayoun, Ferreira, Malouda

My big ticket move was during the transfer deadline, I sent £5,000,000 + Branislav Ivanovic to Man City for Micah Richards. He's younger, and has better strength, speed, and stamina. It was a minor upgrade at best, but I think it was pretty savvy.

I also want to replace Marko Marin, he doesn't play well for me. Any suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »