Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
Rookie

tbone118's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianRush
I started a Oxford United wanting to take them to the prem, also made a CAM playing for the Impact but I have a problem I cant load my MM it freezes after I press proceed on the menu... Is it just me who has this glitch?
I have had this problem also.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
Rookie

Adam OUFC's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianRush
I started a Oxford United wanting to take them to the prem, also made a CAM playing for the Impact but I have a problem I cant load my MM it freezes after I press proceed on the menu... Is it just me who has this glitch?

So much love for that.

Get us promoted mate, can't be any worse than we are in real life.

Buying the game tomorrow. Thinking of doing an OUFC career, or a Premier League team, maybe Liverpool.
NBA: Boston Celtics

Football: Oxford United
Old 09-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #19
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Started one with Fleetwood Town. Have 2 scouts out right now. One in USA and the other Ghana. Lost in the Capital One Cup and won my first game in the J Paint Trophy.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #20
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Started one up with Man City, added Maicon (to the real Maicon) and Lescott was concerned his starting spot was in jeopardy. Love how more immersive career mode feels.

Lost to Southampton...I know.

Beat Liverpool.

Tied with QPR 1-1 at the half.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #21
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiloxiSmitty
Getting my butt handed to me in my TSV 1860 Munich CM.
their badge is cool, but the team is not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS
It's going alright, but I need to draw less.

I'm Liverpool. My first team lineup looks like this;

----------------Reina--------------
Johnson--Agger---Skrtel--Enrique
------------Sahin--Allen-----------
-Tello---------Gerrard------Neymar
----------------Llorente------------

Subs;

Jones
Kelly
Coates
Shelvey
Sterling
Abel Hernandez
Assaidi

I tried selling Suarez to Inter but he rejected them. I then found what I imagine is a bug when I chose to include him as part of a deal for Neymar. It seems the player you include has no choice on the matter. At least I find it hard to beleive Suarez would choose Sao Paulo but not Inter.

I also managed to ditch Downing, Lucas, and a couple other fringe players. I'm looking to get rid of Henderson and Borini in January to free up funds to sign Sahin permanently.
A good run of form saw me in 4th by January. Then big changes (and very unrealstic too tbf but ah well)

I sold Henderson and Borini as expected. Agger left with the board selling him, sick of his transfer saga in the press. I brought in Kompany for 16mil bargain.

Then the big one. Real offered 38mil for Neymar. I negotiated and said 70. They came back with 60, and I went for one final push and said 68. They accepted. 6 months after buying him for 10mil + Suarez, he was gone for 68mil.

His replacement? well there was a certain man from Madrid I wanted back. CR7 came in for 69mil, just 1mil more than I sold Neymar for?! on deadline day too no less.

Needed too, as Llorente has gone down injured for 3 months.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:32 AM   #23
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I've got Fulham sitting 4th in the Premier League after 13 matches.

I've come close to beating each Manchester team, only to blow it late and draw. 89th minute penalty equalizer for Rooney against United, TWO goals in injury time for City to force a draw there. Man... I really thought I had them beat.

Sold Bryan Ruiz for 20 million to Borussia Dortmund, used most of that to buy David Villa off FC Barcelona. Him and Berbatov working together is a joy to play with.

I beat Aston Villa 6-0 in one match. That was cool. I hit on 94% of my passes in the first half. It was a zone like I've never been in before. I'm normally in the low 80's with that stat, but there was something about Villa that just allowed me to short pass my way into good shooting areas many, many times and I took advantage.

So... so far so good. Hoping I can hold onto one of those top four spots, if not win the damn league, although if it came down to it a fifth or sixth place finish would still be exceeding expectations.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

decided to do one with southampton. signed GK jack butland from birmingham city (69 ovr, 85 potential) and LB martin olsson from blackburn (73 ovr, 83 potential) as my only 2 signings in the transfer window.

im only 3 games in so far in the first season. i beat man city in the opener 2-0. there was no score and i decided to take a chance with a long shot and scored to my surprise in the 77th minute and added another one before the game ended. of the 3 games ive played so far, man city was the easiest to play. they barely had any scoring chances, while i was getting a lot. they did start sinclair and atsu (new signing from porto) over nasri and silva, rodwell over javi garcia, and nastasic over kompany or lescott, i cant remember. but those moves were puzzling to me.

in the second game, i drew wigan 2-2. i was winning the whole game then wigan scored in the 88th and the 90th minute to tie it up. they were a tougher opponent than man city.

the last game i just played was against manchester united. i dont know how, but i pulled off a 1-0 victory by scoring a 90th minute goal. man u had so many scoring chances, they hit the post a couple times and my keeper made at least 3 miraculous saves. i still dont know how i won that game.

i have arsenal up next. the career mode is awesome this year and im having fun with it so far.

Last edited by mpt117; 09-28-2012 at 05:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »