Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #561
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

I'm 9 games into my 4th season with Evian Thonon Gaillard. I gutted the team down to a half star and dropped them into Ligue 2.

My first season went much better than expected. I actually won the league and was promoted. I picked up Lucas Piazon in that season. I also had a created ST & GK that did well (the ST started as a 65 overall, GK was 70 overall).

In my second season I signed some decent potential free agents. My scout brought in a 72 overall 90-94 potential GK. This angered my created GK, so I was forced to sell him to QPR. I continued to bring in some mid level decent potential players that fit into my 3-5-2 philosophy. I finished that season 11th in Ligue 1.

My third season saw continued improvement. I struggled to begin the season, landing in the relegation zone 13 games in. I improved throughout the season however & finished with 27 points out of my last 11 games (lost the last 2 to drop out of a Champions League spot!). Finished 5th.

I'm now 9 games into my 4th season. I have yet to play any of the power Ligue 1 teams. Seems like every match I play I'm up against a team sitting in 19th or 20th. I have won all of those matches, but I have a streak of games vs. PSG, Bordeaux, Olympique and Marseille coming up. I've improved the team to 4.5 stars & my budget is sitting around 10 million euros.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #562
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Your CM sounds fun. Makes me want to start fresh in mine because my Liverpool CM is dominating.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #563
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Well, I decided to scrap my Liverpool CM in favor of a challenge: A League 1 squad that's on the brink of non-existence thanks to financial problems: Portsmouth FC.

Budget: $600,000
Per Week: $8,000

Predicted Finish: 14th
Board Expectation: Finish Mid-Table

Current Position: 1st (7W - 4D - 1L)
Knocked out of the Capital One Cup by Wigan (3-1 ET)
Knocked out of the J. Paint Trophy by MK Dons (2-1)

My thoughts: I love this team. What I started with is nothing like any team I've started a CM with. Nearly all of the players have just joined recently and are either extremely young, or old and near retirement.

With no budget and very little wiggle room, I did my best to get a squad that I would have fun playing with. I brought in Jon Taylor, 20 year old RM from Shrewsbury for cheap ($245,000) when he was valued at $400,000 because he's on a contract year. Seriously, at 61 overall, the kid grows exponentially and is a burner (91 speed). I also brought in Pedro Azogue, 64 17 year old from the free agents and Tim Payne, 60 overall striker from New Zealand. Finally, I brought in Leonardo Bittencourt from Borussia Dortmund to quicken the pace some more on loan. So we're looking at this starting 11 that has been shredding up league 1.

GK - Eastwood (23, 61 +1)
RB - Dumbuya (29, 63 +1)
CB - Ertl (29, 61 +1)
CB - Michalik (29, 64)
LB - Gyepes (31, 64)
LCM - Bittencourt (18, 70 +2) from Borussia Dortmund
CM - Allen (20, 69 +3) from
RCM - Azogue (17, 65 +1)
RF - Taylor (20, 65 +4)
LF - MacLeod (18, 70 +2) Created player "Potential to be special"
ST - Payne (18, 61 +1)

Thanks to loaning out four of my youngsters and off-loading one of my older players, I was able to begin a youth system of three 1* scouts as well.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #564
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy

With no budget and very little wiggle room, I did my best to get a squad that I would have fun playing with. I brought in Jon Taylor, 20 year old RM from Shrewsbury for cheap ($245,000) when he was valued at $400,000 because he's on a contract year. Seriously, at 61 overall, the kid grows exponentially and is a burner (91 speed). I also brought in Pedro Azogue, 64 17 year old from the free agents and Tim Payne, 60 overall striker from New Zealand. Finally, I brought in Leonardo Bittencourt from Borussia Dortmund to quicken the pace some more on loan. So we're looking at this starting 11 that has been shredding up league 1.
Kid is a burner, had him loaned to me in my Celtic CM, almost bought him too, but with a full roster I didn't have any room for him, especially with 3 players I was about to call up from my youth squad. I'd pick him up if I had another CM in a heartbeat if I get the chance.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #565
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSanchez12
Kid is a burner, had him loaned to me in my Celtic CM, almost bought him too, but with a full roster I didn't have any room for him, especially with 3 players I was about to call up from my youth squad. I'd pick him up if I had another CM in a heartbeat if I get the chance.
how far into your celtic cm are you ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 AM   #566
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

npower Championship 2012-3 with Leeds United. Close of the Transfer window.

As a bit of a nerd when it comes to realism, I like to play the first season with as close to the proper squad as possible, only buying players who are personal favourites or seem like bargains. I tried to buy Mark Birighitti from Newcastle Jets but they wouldn't let him go as he'd just joined, will bid again in January.

I transfer listed Danny Pugh, Paul Rachubka, Paul Connolly and Ramon Nunez as they also are in reality, but got no offers (reality bites) I also released Andy Gray for the same reason.

Ins:
Brett Emerton 64 RM (Sydney FC) 190,000
Ivan Radovanovic 67 CDM (Atalanta) 650,000

Outs:
Sanchez Payne -> Hartlepool (loan)
Zac Thompson -> Gillingham (loan)
Andy Gray (released)

I've sent 1* scouts to England and Australia. As I get more money I'll buy better scouts for England but the Australian will stay at 1*. Hopefully I'll get the Australian job at some stage.

Currently sit second, 1 point off Cardiff and through to the 3rd round of the League cup. Rudolph Austin was named player of the month.

The side lacks pace besides White, Byram, Hall and Poleon and was forced to change my formation to a 5-3-2.

GK P. Kenny 72(-1) 4 CS 7.4
RWB S. Byram 70(+1) 3 CS 7.3
CB J. Pearce 70(+1) 3 CS 7.5
CB T. Lees 68(0) 3 CS 7.4
CB P. Kisnorbo 65(0) 3 CS 7.3
LWB A. White 67(+1) 3 CS 7.1
RCM R. Austin 70(+1) 1 G 1 A 7.7
CM P. Green 68(0) 2 A 7.8
LCM D. Norris 67(0) 1 A 7.5
CF R. McCormack 72(0) 3 G 3 A 8.4
ST L. Becchio 73(0) 5 G 8.4

D Poleon 61(+2) 3 G 3 A 9.5
C. Taylor 60(+2) 1 CS 7.2
I. Radovanovic 68(+1)
L. Peltier 68(+1) 5.2
R. Hall 67(+2) 1 A 6.5
N. Turner 59(+2) 1 G 8.7
E-H. Diouf 71(0) 1 G 7.0

A good start to what will hopefully be a promotion season. Am looking for a good run in the League Cup so I can continue to blood some of the younger players, but most importantly a place in the top 2 (6 at worst) come January.

Last edited by RagingTrav; 01-10-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #567
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingTrav
npower Championship 2012-3 with Leeds United. Close of the Transfer window.

As a bit of a nerd when it comes to realism, I like to play the first season with as close to the proper squad as possible, only buying players who are personal favourites or seem like bargains. I tried to buy Mark Birighitti from Newcastle Jets but they wouldn't let him go as he'd just joined, will bid again in January.

I transfer listed Danny Pugh, Paul Rachubka, Paul Connolly and Ramon Nunez as they also are in reality, but got no offers (reality bites) I also released Andy Gray for the same reason.

Ins:
Brett Emerton 64 RM (Sydney FC) 190,000
Ivan Radovanovic 67 CDM (Atalanta) 650,000

Outs:
Sanchez Payne -> Hartlepool (loan)
Zac Thompson -> Gillingham (loan)
Andy Gray (released)

I've sent 1* scouts to England and Australia. As I get more money I'll buy better scouts for England but the Australian will stay at 1*. Hopefully I'll get the Australian job at some stage.

Currently sit second, 1 point off Cardiff and through to the 3rd round of the League cup. Rudolph Austin was named player of the month.

The side lacks pace besides White, Byram, Hall and Poleon and was forced to change my formation to a 5-3-2.

GK P. Kenny 72(-1) 4 CS 7.4
RWB S. Byram 70(+1) 3 CS 7.3
CB J. Pearce 70(+1) 3 CS 7.5
CB T. Lees 68(0) 3 CS 7.4
CB P. Kisnorbo 65(0) 3 CS 7.3
LWB A. White 67(+1) 3 CS 7.1
RCM R. Austin 70(+1) 1 G 1 A 7.7
CM P. Green 68(0) 2 A 7.8
LCM D. Norris 67(0) 1 A 7.5
CF R. McCormack 72(0) 3 G 3 A 8.4
ST L. Becchio 73(0) 5 G 8.4

D Poleon 61(+2) 3 G 3 A 9.5
C. Taylor 60(+2) 1 CS 7.2
I. Radovanovic 68(+1)
L. Peltier 68(+1) 5.2
R. Hall 67(+2) 1 A 6.5
N. Turner 59(+2) 1 G 8.7
E-H. Diouf 71(0) 1 G 7.0

A good start to what will hopefully be a promotion season. Am looking for a good run in the League Cup so I can continue to blood some of the younger players, but most importantly a place in the top 2 (6 at worst) come January.

Do you loan players from epl sides, I do with my Bradford career mode and they increase alot and also help my team. 30 games in and I'm 11 points clear (world class)
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #568
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seni
Do you loan players from epl sides, I do with my Bradford career mode and they increase alot and also help my team. 30 games in and I'm 11 points clear (world class)
The first transfer window I don't do much except move on a bit of dead wood. After that it'll depend on whose available. I only loan players who are a definite improvement to the side and fit into my wage structure.

Playing lower in the leagues though I'd loan more often if the season aim is high as it's not easy buying players on a limited budget. Otherwise I prefer to develop my own players, especially those I get through the youth squad

Last edited by RagingTrav; 01-10-2013 at 06:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »