Home

Who else hates First Touch?

This is a discussion on Who else hates First Touch? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Who else hates First Touch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
It is frustrating, but very realistic.
Which makes for a much more rewarding feeling when you score.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
Rookie

HawaiianRush's Arena

OVR: 3

I love this first touch system its absolutly fantastic
Old 09-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
Another thing that helps is that I (this is hard to describe, bear with me) "throttle" the left trigger as i receive the pass, almost pulling it in and slowly releasing it as i get the ball. To me it feels natural like how you'd receive a pass with your foot in life.

A small disclaimer tho- i have no idea if that works at all, it's become second nature and an OCD thing for me now so YMMV...
Kinda like using a clutch, right? I do this do too and it seems to help but am not sure. Any one else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePlayinSerb
I was really bad first night, got better to the point i feel i mastered it, yet i still hate it, if an attacker makes a good run, and you through it to him, the ball will usually stop dead in its track when it gets to them or bounce in the air, negating the great run the attacker made... i feel its a gimmick to nerf great passes, and id rather have it the way it was in 12... anyone else understand what im saying or agree?
I think it's an annoying feature as well. The Ronaldos of the game have significantly less bad-touches even if they do approach the ball in a bad way - which is annoying when you want to play as an MLS squad against Real Madrid/Barcelona online (who EVERYONE picks). It increases the gap between good and bad teams that much more.

But I'll adapt to it.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #13
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePlayinSerb
I was really bad first night, got better to the point i feel i mastered it, yet i still hate it, if an attacker makes a good run, and you through it to him, the ball will usually stop dead in its track when it gets to them or bounce in the air, negating the great run the attacker made... i feel its a gimmick to nerf great passes, and id rather have it the way it was in 12... anyone else understand what im saying or agree?
You mean it nerfs great passers stats because that is not true. A players stat is taken into account as well as many other factors.

Or are you referring to gamers who are "great passers" because my guess is, you and most every else making "great passes", are using assists.

How about this. EA takes away "first touch" AND "assisted passing" ... deal?
Old 09-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I LOVE the new first touch system. I even turn the error up to 55 to add a little more unpredictability. I'm slowly learning how to use it to my advantage to create space or avoid an aggressive defender. Overall, it makes almost every situation more engaging and adds much needed variety to the gameplay.

As for the comment about not seeing so many bad touches IRL -- and I'm not trying to be smart -- it doesn't sound like you have it "mastered" if you're consistently taking bad touches.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
I think it's an annoying feature as well. The Ronaldos of the game have significantly less bad-touches even if they do approach the ball in a bad way - which is annoying when you want to play as an MLS squad against Real Madrid/Barcelona online (who EVERYONE picks). It increases the gap between good and bad teams that much more.

But I'll adapt to it.
Ive been lucky (considering I'm at 0-0-7 online lol) I havent had the misfortune of facing RM or Barca 7 times. In fact, I just lost a tightly contested St Pats v India game 3-1...kinda odd playing the Indian Nat'l Team with St Pat's but, still...you can modify the search tho to find an equal team or skill level opponent.

And I love first touch

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #16
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGamer
Kinda like using a clutch, right? I do this do too and it seems to help but am not sure. Any one else?
Exactly like that. It has some effect but that being said, I still take a bad touch from time to time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »