Home

Anyone's CM Scouting Basically Pointless Now?

This is a discussion on Anyone's CM Scouting Basically Pointless Now? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone's CM Scouting Basically Pointless Now?

I am the manager of an MLS, so a 2.8 million budget is pretty par for the course. Cash is always so precious, and this not being my first go around with career mode and FIFA, I've learned to live and die with the developing and selling talent to increase that bank roll.

But this year it seems a bit broken, and not in the way the youth development was nerfed last year.

I always start my career with selling a few veterans and just replacing them with some free agents, then taking the transfer cash and getting as good of a youth academy going as I can. In FIFA 13 I found a couple of deal searching for 17-19 year old strikers rated 65-75, then approaching about buying any that was listed as "showing promise" and basically the teams asking for half market value - then I bought two players that fit that mold and played them the entire first year.

By the end of the first season they were both in great form and gained 4 and 5 levels respectively. I got all kids of crazy offers for them and ended up selling one kid for 14 million.

I bought my 5 star scout to start my second year, then I noticed something odd.

The entire second free agents list was stacked with 17 year old prospects with market values of 1.5 million to 4.6 million all over the place. Basically all the scouting had been done for me. There were at least 15 world class prospects after the first year alone.

Is anyone having this issue? Are your markets flooded with kids cut from youth academies or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone's CM Scouting Basically Pointless Now?

yeah i saw it and restocked my squad with 3 of them in key spots. the only thing that doesnt show up is POT. they could be almost maxed out and we would never know
Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile04
yeah i saw it and restocked my squad with 3 of them in key spots. the only thing that doesnt show up is POT. they could be almost maxed out and we would never know
One thing to note is the transfer value listed gives you a pretty good yardstick to use. Anything in the 1.2 million to the 1.8 range gets you someone in the mid 70's, and once you get the 2 million you start seeing the 80s guys.

And the bonus is no player in the age group of 16-19 will never be maxed out, but if you did find yourself in some weird grey area, you at least get a guy to sell for a couple million later on for 3,000 in wages
Old 10-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Not sure I totally understand what the issue is...you're saying that really good prospects become too readily available in Year 2? Or that the transfer fee just gives away who the good ones are.

In FIFA 12, I don't recall there being a viewable transfer fee until you promoted them to the main club. After doing that, you would see that some guys were worth several millions of dollars, while others were virtually worthless, even though they had the same age and OVR. I thought this was kind of strange because apparently the "market" is able to see some type of Potential rating that I'm not able to see.

I usually just sell of the high priced prospects anyway - my average MM length is between 2-5 years, so that 14 year old I sign is never really going to get a chance to star for me.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I, too, play CM with an MLS team - Columbus Crew. 1.2mil to start with and I had it up to 2.2mil - and then it started going down, of all things...

But I don't even think scouting is worth it anymore. Like you, I just sell off a few vets (30yr old or if someone is REALLY valuable) and with that, I can get a few 73s for one really good 78. Save money even.

And with scouting being so hit or miss... It's just easier and more of a sure thing to go with someone from another team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Not sure I totally understand what the issue is...you're saying that really good prospects become too readily available in Year 2? Or that the transfer fee just gives away who the good ones are.

In FIFA 12, I don't recall there being a viewable transfer fee until you promoted them to the main club.
Yeah, by year two there are about 5 superstar young guys in the FA pool. I grabbed a striker that was 17 and already rated 72 at $2000 salary/4 years. By the end of the season he was worth over 10 million in market value.

By year three were about 15-20 players of that same caliber without teams in all kinds of positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSlydr
I, too, play CM with an MLS team - Columbus Crew. 1.2mil to start with and I had it up to 2.2mil - and then it started going down, of all things...
What's up Columbus buddy

Last edited by Urban Achiever; 10-03-2012 at 07:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »