Home

Official FIFA 13 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 13 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #65
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Official FIFA 13 Custom Team Tactics (AI) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I found an amazing resource with regards to learning different teams playing styles

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/26

scroll down and it shows the Strengths, Weaknesses, and Playing style of every team based on their statistics from the current season. I have found it to be pretty reliable and match up with how I feel. Shows which teams use the Long ball alot, Cross, Possession, Counter attack etc. Even shows which teams are more aggressive on defense.
It's what I've been using since last season.

Only issue is that it's only in depth for EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and Serie A. Other than that, not too much information on lower sides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

hey kreb great job on these, they really open the game up for me. however, im a little confused on the formations aspect of these. could you explain how to enter these in for each team? thanks
Old 10-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
For safety, I have a squad saved as "Realistic" or something like that, and then each time I save that, I then save another and call it backup. Then load the previous one. So, always make two saves. Only one can ever be overwritten.
So will the game go back to EA's defaults whenever I do a Game of the Week or anything online? How frustrating.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #68
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoman10
hey kreb great job on these, they really open the game up for me. however, im a little confused on the formations aspect of these. could you explain how to enter these in for each team? thanks
Basically, you must manually put in them all. So, if you're on the team management screen for a team, you go to their formation and then choose the "edit" option. Then, use the images in the spreadsheet for a guide. Once complete, save the formation in one of your custom slots.

Then, when you need to use that same formation for another team, instead of editing, you just choose it from your custom slots.

This means you need to keep track of what custom slot on your game is what formation in the spreadsheet. So, I have my own spreadsheet that shows for example, "custom formation 24" is "4-4-2 v2". Just a random example.

That way, when you assign previously saved formations, you can easily figure out what to assign to what team.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equilibriax
So will the game go back to EA's defaults whenever I do a Game of the Week or anything online? How frustrating.
Hmmm, I'm assuming so. I don't use that mode, so I can't say for sure. Best thing to do is always double save your squads. Although, I believe it may just say it's downloading online and updated squads when going into those modes. It shouldn't overwrite your current squads.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #69
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by equilibriax
The only way to use customized rosters in Kickoff Match Day mode is to turn off Match Day with the Y button(Xbox) on the team select screen. Even if you do use the Match day rosters the game doesn't erase your customized rosters, it just uses the rosters in the online DB.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
The only way to use customized rosters in Kickoff Match Day mode is to turn off Match Day with the Y button(Xbox) on the team select screen. Even if you do use the Match day rosters the game doesn't erase your customized rosters, it just uses the rosters in the online DB.
Well, now I'm baffled, because I chose the Game of the Week and the Live Fixtures (on the 360) and it showed the team with the custom formation I entered. Not exactly sure what I did yesterday to lose everything.

I made sure to save my squads to the hard drive and even the cloud thing too.

Thanks for all the help, guys.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #71
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

For those unaware, here's the deal:

In order to use customized rosters in Kickoff mode, you MUST disable match day by hitting the Y button on 360 or the triangle button on PS3 on the team select screen. If you fail to do this, you will use the default match day rosters without CTT's.

-I can verify with 100% certainty that using Match Day DOES NOT erase CTT's, it just doesn't use them in that mode.

One question I do have is this: Last year if you used CTT's, the CPU would use the same exact starting XI for every match in CM(which was the default roster for the club). For example, Manchester United used Lindegaard for every match, Arsenal never started Wilshire, Liverpool never started Andy Carroll. Because of this glitch I had to edit every single starting XI in the BPL last season in order to use the CTT's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #72
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

Kreb, awesome job on both tactics and formations. I haven't started a CM just so that I can wait for this to come along. It makes the game a whole different story (I haven't tried these yet but I am pretty sure what's in line).

You have done great work with these and I am such a slow guy on even creating one formation for myself, I will ask for something, possibly turn into a favor if it's possible.

As far as I can remember, we can share our custom tactics and formations on the EA hub or inbox or whatever it was. Is there a reason you don't share these through the game so we can all easily download them rather than manually put them in. It would save me a whole bunch of time (especially the formations), as well as others. If you can share them in a nice methodical way and post the mappings in your google sheet. That would be great.

I would even pay a month of your gamefly subscription to show my appreciation (I'm paying the first month that's free, j/k I'm serious).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »