Home

How well is the World Cup implemented into Career

This is a discussion on How well is the World Cup implemented into Career within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
How well is the World Cup implemented into Career

Anywhere near the level of FIFA World Cup 2010?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: How well is the World Cup implemented into Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
Anywhere near the level of FIFA World Cup 2010?
I didn't play FIFA World Cup 2010, so I can't compare it to that, but I played through the 2014 World Cup with Portugal and enjoyed it. If you're a sucker for details though, you may not love it. There was nothing that made it seem like it was in Brazil, or in any real specific location.

I still found it loads of fun, just as an awesome add-on to a mode I already enjoy. Ended up losing 1-0 to Germany in the semi's after not conceding the whole tournament.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Cool. Thanks. Not all the nations are in I assume?
Old 10-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Am I doing something wrong? It is July 2013 in my career, I am an American playing in Mexico. There are no WC qualifying matches on the calendar, nor are there any WC games showing next Summer. Will I eventually get the chance to qualify?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioscottzee
Am I doing something wrong? It is July 2013 in my career, I am an American playing in Mexico. There are no WC qualifying matches on the calendar, nor are there any WC games showing next Summer. Will I eventually get the chance to qualify?
Yea same here. Im in Aug 2013 and nothing. Went ahead and simmed to 2014 & it shows nothing other than friendlies for the U.S. - My defender (74) has been playing in friendlies. This is offline player mode. ??????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't think qualifying is available for US or Mexico, as they're the only 2 CONCACAF teams in the game. I think you're just in the World Cup automatically. Somebody here posted something about there being a tournament with the South American teams, but I can't confirm that and I haven't seen it anywhere else.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman1522
I don't think qualifying is available for US or Mexico, as they're the only 2 CONCACAF teams in the game. I think you're just in the World Cup automatically. Somebody here posted something about there being a tournament with the South American teams, but I can't confirm that and I haven't seen it anywhere else.
Thanks Jazz. From reading it looks like they couldn't get the rights to the Concacaf. Not sure how they will determine the entry to the Confed cup in 2017, ( no way I'm simming that far lol). From the Wiki looks like there is the Copa's for the South American teams.

@ohioscottzee
The World cup/World Champ. won't show up on your Calendar till middle of MAy 2014. You'll also recieve a notification if your player is on the team.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks, sincerely, for the help. I always enjoy these games so much more when I understand them

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »