Home

The Uncanny Blocked Shot

This is a discussion on The Uncanny Blocked Shot within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #17
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Uncanny Blocked Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Let me ask you, how many minute halves are you playing, and how many shots are you and the CPU combining for? Shots should be about 28 per game(combined) with roughly 8-10 hitting the target, again combined. Of those 8-10 that hit the target, 2.5 to 3.0 should be going in(depending on your club). When broken down in this manner, it usually makes it easy for you to see what you need to tweak. I've finally started my CM and I've started a dynasty(Real Sociadad) that way it makes it easier to track my stats game to game, season to season.
I'm playing 10 minute halves and the CPU often gets close to as many shots as me, say 8-10 per side. Putting things into perspective, the CPU isn't scoring much either and perhaps that's because of the Goalkeeper slider as Aaron suggested.

Also, I'm beginning to think sliders have a different net effect on a CM than they do on an exhibition matches.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

gnemi it looks like you are having problems on offense. i dont use skill moves at all or cheese the cpu any and im not having the same problems as you. are you having a hard time reading the defense? what is your overall strategy? are you having problems getting into or creating space ? maybe we can help your offense out.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

No, everything is fine except when it comes to the point where I quite literally shoot the ball!

One of three outcomes are almost certain: The keeper makes an incredible save. The ball squirts right past the post. I hammer the bottom of a defender's foot and my shot gets blocked.

I get the shots, even "good" ones, but they just rarely go in. It's almost comical. I think changing my sliders and camera angle is going to help a lot.

It's important to remember that I'm not in a CM with Manchester City or Barcelona. I have Cardiff City and they *should* be bad, but not *this* bad surely.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #20
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
I'm playing 10 minute halves and the CPU often gets close to as many shots as me, say 8-10 per side. Putting things into perspective, the CPU isn't scoring much either and perhaps that's because of the Goalkeeper slider as Aaron suggested.

Also, I'm beginning to think sliders have a different net effect on a CM than they do on an exhibition matches.
Orion's sliders are what i basically use. I modified them for my own purposes. Mine are also far from perfect because, i clearly score too often (or maybe i'm just really sweet? it's hard to say ). But my advice would be use the sliders as they are and turn goalkeeper ability back down to 50 on CPU/User. Just try it out, see what happens. I'd recommend you play at least one match with GK ability at 40-45 and see how much it makes a difference. The CPU GK will still save 90% of the shots (my goalkeeper usually gets outsaved 10:1). Trust me, you'll see it's not that you're a bad scorer, it's that the GK is Superman at anything above 50.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
No, everything is fine except when it comes to the point where I quite literally shoot the ball!

One of three outcomes are almost certain: The keeper makes an incredible save. The ball squirts right past the post. I hammer the bottom of a defender's foot and my shot gets blocked.

I get the shots, even "good" ones, but they just rarely go in. It's almost comical. I think changing my sliders and camera angle is going to help a lot.

It's important to remember that I'm not in a CM with Manchester City or Barcelona. I have Cardiff City and they *should* be bad, but not *this* bad surely.
i know what you mean as far as cardiff. I have been playing with aldershot town. so there are times im scratching my head trying to figure out how i missed the goal that badly if you know what i mean.

sounds like you are just dont have the space to shoot. how are your tactics setup ? for example my general template is slow build up and very high shooting attempts. what i tend to see are midfielder making runs into defenses gaps for long shots. i make very few of these shots, but they have the space, but not necessarily the correct angle. however it does force the cpu to react and i can find space for someone else to shoot. it is also difficult for the keeper to control the ball on these hard shots, giving you an opportunity to poach the deflections.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeJAMESbosh
It took me like, 42 games to get one of these, I find that scouring goals from outside the box it's nearly Impossible. http://youtu.be/XAyuDnQwCCg
Spend a day practicing the adv skill shooting final challenge, to get manual shooting down.. Once you understand and feel confident with manual shooting, you can score outside the box... Nothing better than making a turn and blasting it top corner....

Last edited by keator; 10-19-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #23
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have more or less come to the realization that I have to, at bare minimum, learn to do a few dribbling moves.

I'm looking at the new Complete Dribbling feature combined with the stepover as my potential savior.

Currently, I've tried getting around defenders with spastic moves and the sprint button and that's just not good enough. hahaha...

The PatrickHDxGaming video here looks very promising: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5oVXkvtywc

I wasn't really even aware of Complete Dribbling until today. Is it really as simple as holding down the L1 button and moving the left stick? I think even I can do that!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Aarontab I couldn't agree with you more. In one sense I love FIFA, I've been playing it since '98, in the other I can't stand it. It's ridiculously aggravating. Like you said, literally every loose ball that occurs goes the opposite way from your controlled player / team. It's ridiculous. The CPU is essentially cheating and it's the only way I think FIFA can work is if they implement this type of thing. I don't think they've yet figured out how to properly create gameplay.

There's so many things wrong with this game it hurts. The list can go on and on.

- Shot blocking as stated above
- CPU defenders are much better than their rating (ie. being able to shove you / push you without a foul being called regardless of what your player rating is)
- No red cards when the last man fouls
- CPU has much more leniency with calls
- Ridiculous reflexes from some keepers even if my shooter is within the box with 98 power
- CPU ability to run circles around me regardless of their rating
- User controlled team has an IQ of 1 whereas CPU controlled team has an IQ of 100 (regardless of ratings)
- Similar to CPU blocking shots, since they're so good at them why does fake shooting literally do nothing?

I can go on and on but I'm going to stop. One thing that I do like is the fact that when you're up and it's the 80th minute or later, the CPU starts putting massive amounts of pressure on you. It makes it much more interesting even if they magically have some newfound energy and are able to tackle you much easier. I've been scored on plenty of times because of this but it's a change of pace therefore I kind of like it. If they had done this properly it would have been great but you really have to look at and prepare where your going to be passing next. Because of this aggression though holes do open up, unlike the norm. If you can play it right an awesome goal can occur for you but also the CPU. They should be able to implement something like this via sliders, both for the CPU and User controlled team because the aggression in custom tactics literally does nothing. All my players stand around all the time.

End rant.

Last edited by SeanDylan; 10-20-2012 at 02:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »