Home

The Uncanny Blocked Shot

This is a discussion on The Uncanny Blocked Shot within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #41
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The Uncanny Blocked Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.
A fake shot is a great way to outsmart defenders in a lot of ways.

Imagine you're running towards goal on the right side of the pitch and you will end up running just into the right side of the box...with a defender on your inside. When you come into shooting range and the defender closes you more down. Apply a fake shot and point inside. In the majority of the cases, the defender will be caught overpursuing and you will have a clear diagonal shot path to the far corner, or an easy pass inside depending on how crowded it is there. The ronaldo chop (LT/L2 + twice diagonal down left or right on the right stick) has the same effect.

Or if I give a cross inside, which is headed on through (let's say unvoluntarly) to the second post. My player controls the ball but I see the short corner to the goal is covered by a defender who will undoubtedly block the shot and if I'm lucky I will have a corner. Or the goalie will get to it in time cause he's well positioned and we all know that goals in the short corner are difficult to score in Fifa. So almost upon controlling the ball, line up for a shot, and again, fake inside. The far corner will be WIDE open. Give it a try first in the arena.
depending on the traffic in the box, i can hit the short side. just have to draw the keeper forward a bit. its a timing thing though, but im sure you know that already.

in your second situation i prefer to finesse it with low power to the wide low corner. however your technique is great too. i just dont like the idea of defenders closing down during the fake potentially taking the shot away because i took too long to take it. its all play style though, i think it is what makes this game great, so many ways to play these situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

im sure its been mention, but widening the line width in the sliders to like 75 really opens up the shooting lanes. Shooting at manual i can only put 40 % of shots on goal anyway.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #43
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrrku
Hello all,

I myself am quite awful at FIFA 13, but I have found these two tips to improve my offensive side of the game;

1) Fake shot and Fake cross. Immediately after pressing your shot or cross button you need to hit the X button. It tends to pull defenders out of position for a feed or shot and is very easy to execute.

2)I know you said you are not interested in learning the trick stick moves. I feel the same way but learning to use the step-over with first touch is very effective in one-on-one situations and clearing space for a shot. It is very easy to learn. Somebody left a link for a German player that has some quick and easy You-tube tutorials. I dont remember his name off-hand, but it is something to the effect of gamerkingXL(kind of guessing but a You tube search for FIFA 13 step-over tips should get you there). I was using the move effectively within a game or two.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Thank YOU! The fake, while I knew about it, has been the most help in creating some space for me now. I played and played and played (both on and offline) and when IMd get near the box...I would take an LAPD beat down on whoever had the ball...never got the shot off, or if I did because I rushed it knowing what was coming...not even close to the goal. 1st game after reading this thread, dominated some cheddar. I AM THE GREATEST FIFA PLAYER ALIVE!!! (Lol JK)...I'm now 1-0-16 in seasons...

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #44
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomerk
This.

I noticed it more once I had made the switch from assisted to manual. I think what happens is that with manual shooting, it takes longer to shoot. Your player needs to "wind up" more. Not fair IMO, because creating chances on full manual is infinitely harder, shooting on target is infinitely harder, so why add an extra layer of difficulty that doesn't exist with the other controls?
Wow. Ive yet to play on auto shooting, Ive been wondering why(and getting angry in the process) my player takes so friggin long to pull the trigger - drives me nuts!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #45
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grallis
Wow. Ive yet to play on auto shooting, Ive been wondering why(and getting angry in the process) my player takes so friggin long to pull the trigger - drives me nuts!
Same. I'm wondering if anybody has an idea of how to shoot the $%#@ing ball quicker?

Whether I hit the ball with minimum or maximum power, my guys act like they're aiming for row Z.

Any thoughts here? The whole stubbed toe effect is bad, but even when I do get my shots off, their defenders tend to collapse for the Uncanny Block.

I've gotten around this issue somewhat, but I feel that it's been at the expense of realism and/or fun gameplay. In other words, spamming "fake shot" sucks IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw2
im sure its been mention, but widening the line width in the sliders to like 75 really opens up the shooting lanes. Shooting at manual i can only put 40 % of shots on goal anyway.

This is true....widening the line width is huge...Before I couldn't even KY a shot past the defender...now that I have stretched out the line, I am actually getting shots on goal.....thanks for the tip....

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »