Home

Is anyone else getting sick of the CPU performance in the last ten min of a match?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else getting sick of the CPU performance in the last ten min of a match? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #49
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is anyone else getting sick of the CPU performance in the last ten min of a match

Having experienced this last night in the most spectacular fashion - where I was leading Tottenham 1-0 until the 84th minute when they scored an equalizer and then a winner in extra time, I have more or less accepted that FIFA 13 Career Mode will not be nearly as fun as it could and should otherwise be.

It's more or less ruining my experience.

That match against Tottenham - at home even! - was an absolute nail biter where I worked very hard to maintain a 1-0 advantage and very much earned the points. Then, it mattered not at all because Spurs were utterly invincible. It was pretty comic to be honest.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is anyone else getting sick of the CPU performance in the last ten min of a match

Had a CM match with my FC Bayern against 2nd in the table FC Scahlke last night. Decided to Unnerve them at the pre-match press conference, and man did it get them riled up! They played with incredible pace and pressure for the entire match, and scored not only in extra time in the 45th minute, but also again in the 90th -- the first time it put them up 2 - 1 after they had initially gone ahead 1 - 0 and I knotted the score at 1 - 1 in the 33rd minute. The extra time second half goal evened the match for the draw, as I was up 3 - 2 at that point. Again, though, they really pressured the entire match, and it was the most challenging opponent I had faced in at least 10 matches, so I didn't mind much. The final goal felt a little cheap, as I should have won a tackle on the flank, but their player was able to get off a floating cross, that a runner split two of my central defenders with a header to net the equalizer. Otherwise, though, I haven't really had any issues with this of late. Yeah, if you're tied or up 1 or sometimes 2, the final 10 minutes of a match the other team pressures high and forces you into rushed and inaccurate passes, but you need to change your style of play then, try and possess, move out of pressure, and clear balls.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #51
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

OVR: 4

I've noticed that changing my tactics to possession help a bit with this. It is a shame that the CPU gets nearly impossible at the 80' mark because it has ruined some games for me but I have found this tip to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »