Home

Is anyone else getting sick of the CPU performance in the last ten min of a match?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else getting sick of the CPU performance in the last ten min of a match? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is anyone else getting sick of the CPU performance in the last ten min of a match?

If I am up by only a goal in the final ten minutes of a match in career or exhibition mode, I have resigned myself to a draw at best because I know the CPU is going to score. The mad rush pressure they put on is understandable but also completely unrealistic. I will have my players with the ball and in full sprint and will always get caught by the CPU. Doesn't matter how fast the player is - I have used Bale in full sprint and still get caught from behind. Forget about going around a defender or dribbling away - tackles for the computer in the last ten minutes are 100% successful. My passes automatically get picked off by CPU defenders (with seemingly magical burst of speed to step into lanes) Forget about stopping a corner - no matter what I do, it is basically an automatic goal for the CPU in the last ten minutes. Even if I get in the way of the actual corner kick, a clearing attempt will be blocked and it miraculously falls right to the foot of an open CPU every time and they blast it in.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I always hated Madden when I felt the CPU was blatantly cheating and now I am getting this same feeling with Fifa 13. I did not feel this way with Fifa 12. The only mode I enjoy playing is FUT because the games actually feel fair. Any suggestions? Playing at World Class with sliders from Jamie. I can go back to Professional and win every game 5-0 with 70% ball possession, but that's not fun either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Is anyone else getting sick of the CPU performance in the last ten min of a match

If there is one single thing that bothers me about 13..it is this.

Where do they get this new found energy from? They completely collapse at anyone who has the ball. Their players move at warp speed. If I'm up by one goal, i just resign myself to knowing that it'll end up in a draw or loss for me.

I lost a game 4-3 after being up by 2 goals this way. They just absolutely punked my goalie.

When the CPU wants to win, they win.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is anyone else getting sick of the CPU performance in the last ten min of a match

Here's my $.02 for you to consider:

I typically play Attacking / Ultra Attacking for the majority of the match until I have a 2 goal lead. However, in the final 10 minutes of the match, if I think I'd like to earn the point for a draw *or* I have a 1 goal lead, I will play on Ultra Defensive for the remainder.

Also, I have adjusted my sliders to take away one point of Accel and Sprint from the CPU, because let's be honest, the CPU cheats with speed and always has...it was no different in FIFA 12.

I still have players with the Speedster trait getting run down from behind by slow defenders.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

I forgot what the name of this is.. But it's present in all sports game basically. I think in the original NBA Jams there was an option to turn it off. I think it's to the point though where it's just programmed deeply into sports games now though.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

I actually enjoy this aspect of the game

My advice is this: the cpu is almost comically vulnerable to counter attacks during this time. What I do is switch the fastest player on my team to center striker, then when I get the ball I make very quick one-touch passes a few times which draws even more cpu players towards me. Then I just hoof it over the cpu defenders in hopes that my striker can chase it down.

It doesn't always work but when it does it works very well. If it doesn't work it also forces the cpu to reset, giving you time to adjust defensively
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Here's my $.02 for you to consider:

I typically play Attacking / Ultra Attacking for the majority of the match until I have a 2 goal lead. However, in the final 10 minutes of the match, if I think I'd like to earn the point for a draw *or* I have a 1 goal lead, I will play on Ultra Defensive for the remainder.

Also, I have adjusted my sliders to take away one point of Accel and Sprint from the CPU, because let's be honest, the CPU cheats with speed and always has...it was no different in FIFA 12.

I still have players with the Speedster trait getting run down from behind by slow defenders.
Good advice but it doesn't matter honestly. I sometimes feel the more defensive i try to play the more likely i am to be scored on. I've run a 5-4-1 with ultra defensive and they carve you up still. It's always the same story, your center back (for some unknown reason) decides to run towards the man with the ball (who's already being defended by me) and leaves a wide open path for either 1) stop, turn, shoot or 2) easy pass/shoot. It makes you feel like you're watching CPU v CPU matches because you have so little influence over the outcome.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Rookie

I understand why the losing CPU would be more aggressive if trailing but why at a set time each match (80:00) and why in such an unfair way? The comment about speedster trait being caught from behind illustrates my frustrations perfectly. I know it's a video game, but this just doesn't happen in real life. Gareth Bale isn't going to be caught from behind by a middling CB or LB or RB if he has two steps on him, but in the last ten minutes he is and automatically loses the ball. This doesn't happen on FUT for some reason, at least in not such a blatantly unfair way.

Is this something EA would patch? That may be a dumb question but I didn't start playing Fifa 12 until spring and don't know if EA patches this game or not.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

are you guys changing your tactics too ? dont forget to change to a short pass tactic / turtle'ish formation. your players will come back to the ball. this means you can play more support passes. i dont have a problem when the cpu does this. i have been playing my virtual pro on aldershot town (npower2) and i am currently 10-8-0. i havent given up a goal in the final 80 minutes of any match.

i know what you guys are talking about, they just bum rush the ball at every opportunity. but they are predictable when they do this. so just 1-2 pass and play possession. if you have to punt the ball down field, do it to eat the clock. remember long passes are risky passes, so dont play long passes unless you are hitting a 100% wide open player.

if you cant defend, i dunno what to tell you. just keep practicing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »