Home

Here is the wiki on the "comeback effect" the CPU has

This is a discussion on Here is the wiki on the "comeback effect" the CPU has within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Here is the wiki on the "comeback effect" the CPU has

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic...ulty_balancing

Just for everyone that wonders why the cpu plays super human near the end of the game. It's basically programmed in every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Here is the wiki on the "comeback effect" the CPU has

I noticed the first season, seems to kick in right at the 80 minute mark but with quick passing I've found it to be fairly easy to beat on world class. Actually, unless its vs the super good 5 star teams, I'm usually able to get a counter attack goal in those last few minutes. What I do is put my team on super defensive and use counter attack strategy since like the 70 minute mark if I'm up. Also putting in a fresh striker works well.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic...ulty_balancing

Just for everyone that wonders why the cpu plays super human near the end of the game. It's basically programmed in every game.
Just to be clear, are you seeing the CPU getting faster then normal speed, passing/shooting accuracy? I remember in previous fifa games this happened quite a bit (have a 1 goal lead in a big game and suddenly 50 percent of my passes started being intercepted), but i've yet to really see this in 13. Sure, the CPU will definitely change tactics when they're loosing and start pressuring you high up the pitch and bringing more men forward, but i've yet to see the CPU actually 'cheating.'
Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Pro

Yeah I thought it was way worse in FIFA 12. Just wanted to refer everyone to this article so everyone's aware of what it is and it's presence in video games in general.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Wikipedia has always been a legit source...not

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
Pro

You can read the reference used for the wiki than lol.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

so you are saying that "less skilled" players do not see the tendancies of the cpu cheating and that only the "higher skilled" players are seeing this ? that is what is inferred after reading that wiki.

ive been gaming for a decade and the only thing that has been constant are that good players adapt and overcome. lesser skilled players stop playing or blame something else for their shortcomings. there are some games im just not good at. when i was young, super mario brothers was not my game. i was so hyped on completing levels fast that i could not slow down and be precise when i needed to be, i stopped playing and would go with a game more up my ability like megaman. my brother on the other hand could play mario all day long without dying, he was the natural.

how exactly have you tried to overcome the so called "comeback effect" ?
Old 10-19-2012, 04:39 AM   #8
Pro

In a sense you can take it that way, because you are less likely to see it come into effect while playing on lower difficulty settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »