Home

The Reasons Why FIFA "Feels" Unfair And Why Sliders Won't Fix It

This is a discussion on The Reasons Why FIFA "Feels" Unfair And Why Sliders Won't Fix It within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #25
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Reasons Why FIFA "Feels" Unfair And Why Sliders Won't Fix It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
this is working like a charm for me. i'm still testing to be certain about what slider settings will be the best, but so far with gk ability at 69 for me and 60 for cpu, both of us are having a goal:sog ratio of 25-30%

I turned mine up too and it's working similarly so far. I still take a ton more shots but that's probably just my style of play. It's kinda counter intuitive but for some reason it makes the CPU take more shots. Maybe it's because they can't score at will?

I haven't encountered yet the games where the scoring is impossible and CPU gets a goal thru "cheating", which i'm 100% will still happen at the same frequency as it did before. That's the kind of thing that sliders can't overshadow, since i'm convinced it's actually programmed into the game itself at this point.

Last edited by aarontab; 10-22-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

i don't believe there's anything like that. cpu goes all over me like crazy when i'm leading at the 80th minute, but very rarely do they score if i don't make a mistake myself. and sometimes they even miss those incredible opportunities on the 90th minute where you just say "phew!"

the ai management is poor indeed and i agree their stats have to be boosted by the end of the game so they play like that, but i think scripted results are very unlikely and it's something that doesn't really make sense to put into the game from ea's perspective. it would take some work to program, it wouldn't make the game better and the only thing they could get is some angry gamers in case some of them notice the cheese. well, who knows... but i never felt anything like that, just saying...

as for cpu shooting on goal, i only got balance on this once i switched the difficulty up to legendary. but if you happen to feel cheated not playing on legendary, i wouldn't advise you to do so, lol

Last edited by Gonira; 10-23-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:52 AM   #27
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

My buddy's cm, Norwich, he is third place closing on second more than halfway through the season. The team in second? Liverpool

If you need more proof that scripting isn't in the game it doesn't exist
Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #28
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
My buddy's cm, Norwich, he is third place closing on second more than halfway through the season. The team in second? Liverpool

If you need more proof that scripting isn't in the game it doesn't exist
I have three different dynasties that I did in FIFA 12, an Arsenal one, a Liverpool one, and a Marseille one. In every one I at least posted the game by game scoring and in some(I can't remember) I posted stats. We're talking well over 100 games, and nowhere does it even insinuate scripting. Goals were distributed evenly throughout the match, I won some late, I lost some late, I drew some late. I was dominated and won, I dominated and lost and vice versa. To me the proof is in the pudding. I've never, ever felt that my play had no impact on the outcome and that I was playing some sort of FIFA Wrestling where the winner was predetermined.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »