Home

Scoring (and conceding) WAY too many goals

This is a discussion on Scoring (and conceding) WAY too many goals within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Scoring (and conceding) WAY too many goals

So i have a unique problem in that i'm scoring FAR too many goals. I've playing a lot of "5-3" matches it seems like, and it's getting tough to fix without hitting the opposite extreme. I wondered if anybody else is having a similar experience. Here's the pertinent details. Of the top 6 teams in La Liga, this is the "goals for" in order of table position. Guess which is me?

31, 29, 32, 59, 27, 23

So, since 2 and 3 are Barca & Real Madrid, respectively, it's safe to say that this isn't how the experts would have predicted the season would go. Here's goals against:

9, 9, 13, 39(!!!), 14, 15

So you see that there's clearly an issue. I've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities.

1) My offense is good, my defense is awful (probably partially true, but there's gotta be more to it than that)
2) Something i've done with sliders is making scoring too easy on both CPU and me
3) I'm just playing on too low of a difficulty level.

So I turn it over to you, what more can i try without eliminating the ability to score altogether? This is my settings (including sliders):

Difficulty- World Class
10 minute halves
My Sliders:

User/CPU
Sprint Speed: 42/42
Acceleration: 42/42
Shot Error: 60/60
Pass Error: 61/61
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 50/50
Injury Freq: 50/77
Inj Severity: 25/50
GK Ability: 60/60
Marking: 69/69
Run Freq: 35/35
Line Height: 50/50
Line Length: 50/50
Line Width: 50/50
Fullback Positioning: 60/60
First Touch Error: 65/65

What more should i tweak to lower these scores? I haven't played a match that went 0-0 all season. I should also mention i'd like to avoid bumping up to legendary for two reasons: it becomes a little more of a cheat fest which i would like to not deal with if at all possible, and it doesn't seem to lower the scoring, it just goes from a 5-3 win for me to a 3-5 loss, so it hasn't lowered goal output overall. I also realize turning shot error and goalkeeper ability up will lower goals but i do want the ability to score from distance and not miss super easy chances when they pop up (upping shot error can make the best strikers miss a gaping goal far too often).

I'm open to any suggestions or critiques. Feel free to tell me i'm just awful at defense but good on offense too if you want lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Scoring (and conceding) WAY too many goals

this is strange. i don't see anything wrong with your sliders at first glance. i actually like the approach of them and i can't see at all how they could ever bring a result like this for me.

as ridiculous as it sounds, the first thing i'd try in your place would be playing 5 minute halves. cut the ammount of goals you had in half and the numbers would be good.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
Pro

It probably correlates with how many minutes you're playing. I get those type of scores on 10 minute quarters as well. The game is just too fast to get realistic scores on 10 or above in my opinion.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
Rookie

This was happening to me so I turned marking up to 100 and these are my scores since L 2 - 0 , W 3 - 0 , W 1 - 0 , W 1 - 0 , L 3 - 1 , W 4 - 1 , W 3 - 2 , L 2 - 0 , W 2 - 1, W 1 - 0 , D 1 - 1, W 2 - 0 D 1 - 1, W 2 - 1, W 1 - 0, W 2 - 1, L 2 - 1, W 2 - 1

Slow, 15 min halves, world class, sliders in slider discussion thread. With 10 min halves id have marking at 90 probably.

Last edited by farrociousuk; 11-05-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Missed info off
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrociousuk
This was happening to me so I turned marking up to 100 and these are my scores since L 2 - 0 , W 3 - 0 , W 1 - 0 , W 1 - 0 , L 3 - 1 , W 4 - 1 , W 3 - 2 , L 2 - 0 , W 2 - 1, W 1 - 0 , D 1 - 1, W 2 - 0 D 1 - 1, W 2 - 1, W 1 - 0, W 2 - 1, L 2 - 1, W 2 - 1

Slow, 15 min halves, world class, sliders in slider discussion thread. With 10 min halves id have marking at 90 probably.
I actually did this and ended up even bumping it up to legendary after trying a different slider set. The marking being higher REALLY makes a difference, and not in the way i anticipated. It's perfect because it doesn't seem to make the game unfairly hard, but it makes taking a shot more of an overall challenge. This actually fixed the issue i was having with taking more shots than my opponent every match since i also lowered my marking down to 15 to allow the CPU more space and therefore more chances.

Another interesting side-effect of lowering User marking to <15 is that it seems (paradoxically) that my AI defenders are less likely to move themselves out of position, which was a huge issue on legendary for me in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Pro

Yes I have the exact same problem, I think your sliders are similar to mine and I also play on WCI used to play on Pro but found it far to easy so I recently moved up on but since then I've had scores like 6-5, 5-5, 4-3 etc. every game. Sometimes it's like 3-3 all at half time.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPound
It probably correlates with how many minutes you're playing. I get those type of scores on 10 minute quarters as well. The game is just too fast to get realistic scores on 10 or above in my opinion.
totally agree. I use 7-8 minutes. That gets me an average of around 10-15 shot attempts on legendary.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
Banned

i play 10 minute halves on legendary with slow speed and sliders close to these on the op (68 marking) and i have an average of a bit over 9 shots for each team per game, roughly half of them on target.

with gk ability above default settings, i just can't see how you guys get so many goals. perhaps you guys don't know you can actually release the sprint button from time to time if you wish? haha

Last edited by Gonira; 11-05-2012 at 04:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »