Home

Loaning out high potential Youth - What's the trick?

This is a discussion on Loaning out high potential Youth - What's the trick? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Loaning out high potential Youth - What's the trick?

I have like 3-4 recently promoted academy players, all 17-19 years of age, mid to high 60's in OVR, and I cannot for the life of me get a loan offer from another club.

They've been listed for Loan for two seasons now and I can't get them enough playing time, yet no offers are coming in.

It was bad last year, too, but 13 seems even worse.

Any ideas here? I play them occasionally, but they're really crappy and won't get better unless they play. It's incredibly frustrating because they SHOULD get better (reserve matches, training, etc.) without either playing them in the first team or loaning them out. However, since EA seems to think that's how progression mechanics should work, I am forced to loan them out.

Ugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Loaning out high potential Youth - What's the trick?

I've had success with playing a player that I wanted to loan out for a few matches and then listing him for loan, with offers following shortly thereafter.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've found more success listing them for Short Term rather than Season Loans, and trying to make sure they start and play Friendlies and are on the first team and getting minutes when I'm up over the latter 20 - 30 minutes of matches. There's still a player here or there who won't get offers, but for the most part I'm able to get players I want loaned out, at least short term.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Whatever the case, it seems rather tedious and unfortunate that loaning out players requires any of this manipulation of the game.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't feel bad, I have 4 players between the age 16-17 at 70 ovr or better and no loan offers no matter what "tricks" I try. At the start of this season I got ONE loan offer for a just-promoted player who's 66 ovr, and it was from Liverpool of all places...like he'll get playing time there lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Yeah, I can't help it, this infuriates me because it just comes across as sheer laziness on the part of EA.

You spend all this time developing talented youth and they come out of the academy with a lot of promise but a still not quite first team OVR and you're forced to keep them on your bench where they'll wilt away their potential or pray that the weak loan mechanics will favor you with one of these incredibly rare loan offers.

I simmed the transfer window about 40 times and got ONE loan offer, for a CB with an overall of 69. By AC Milan. Yeah, that's realistic. zzzzzzzz
Old 12-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Even though I hate to be "cheap" so to speak, my only workaround to find myself enjoying manager mode anymore is to use custom squads. Put one high-profile player on a lower league team I want to play (like Aguero/Benzema/Ozil/etc) because you always get high offers first transfer window.

Then I'll just use the 30-40 mill I get from that sale to hire scouts at my disposal and I'll start replacing older low-quality players from the low-league team with my promoted youth. That way I'll actually be playing those youths and in 2-3 seasons I could be in div 1 with a formidable team that's all from scouting lol.

I just got tired of buying all the best young players I could afford at the beginning of every season after the 3rd or 4th go around.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldxMyxDrank
Even though I hate to be "cheap" so to speak, my only workaround to find myself enjoying manager mode anymore is to use custom squads. Put one high-profile player on a lower league team I want to play (like Aguero/Benzema/Ozil/etc) because you always get high offers first transfer window.

Then I'll just use the 30-40 mill I get from that sale to hire scouts at my disposal and I'll start replacing older low-quality players from the low-league team with my promoted youth. That way I'll actually be playing those youths and in 2-3 seasons I could be in div 1 with a formidable team that's all from scouting lol.

I just got tired of buying all the best young players I could afford at the beginning of every season after the 3rd or 4th go around.
I do this exact thing as well, it's actually a lot of fun. I usually use Benzema since he always gets sold anyways

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »