Home

Regen Players

This is a discussion on Regen Players within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Regen Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterX1918
some guys who might retire and produce regens during the first few seasons

Brad Friedel
Mark Schwarzer
Javier Zanetti
Ryan Giggs
Paul Scholes
Alessandro Nesta
Clarence Seedorf
Shay Given
Marco Di Vaio
Mark van Bommel
Gianluigi Buffon
Carles Puyol
Didier Drogba
Antonio Di Natale
Walter Samuel
Miroslav Klose, I would imagine, too. Dirk Kuyt.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

Is there a bit of strategy with this? Should I consider trying to acquire via transfer some particular older skilled players? The argument would be that they probably could be had on the cheap (player value declines as they get older), I would need to pay their salary (high?) for one (or two) season(s), and then I would be rewarded with a talented young player after the original player retires.

Some concerns ... (1) Is it even possible to transfer a "potentially retiring" player to your own team? I thought that you would get the message about "this player is about the retire soon" and then you would not be able to complete a transfer for him. (2) Does the regen idea only work if the player retires while on the roster of his original (or equally high-star) team? If he retires while on my 2.5 star roster - will my team receive a regen player for the following season?

Or is it instead that I should just always be on the lookout in future seasons for faceless young players with good stats that appear on the rosters of some of the more prestigious teams? And then try to orchestrate the traditional transfer of the regen player at that time?

Following closely ... thanks for the interesting discussion ...

---

A couple years ago (maybe it was FIFA11) I am pretty sure that I picked up the Drogba regen from Chelsea ... I think he was listed as a ST and he was 17 and his overall was 71 ... the new name was "Fae" ... he did well for my career mode team. Nice.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

OP, if you still care, your regen is probably Lucio.

I found a regen in the free agent pool, 60 something OVR central midfielder with potential to be special at age 18. Right after my first season. The weird part: he's from Iceland :O

Any idea who that might be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #12
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion

I found a regen in the free agent pool, 60 something OVR central midfielder with potential to be special at age 18. Right after my first season. The weird part: he's from Iceland :O

No idea, that's interesting.

I had a similar player, 71 ovr with potential to be special IRISH LB lol. No clue who that could be
Old 12-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion

Iceland? LMAO. No idea. If you google Iceland/pro soccer whoever pops up I'm sure that's who it is. Can't imagine being more than 1 or 2 possibilities.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Is there a bit of strategy with this? Should I consider trying to acquire via transfer some particular older skilled players? The argument would be that they probably could be had on the cheap (player value declines as they get older), I would need to pay their salary (high?) for one (or two) season(s), and then I would be rewarded with a talented young player after the original player retires.

Some concerns ... (1) Is it even possible to transfer a "potentially retiring" player to your own team? I thought that you would get the message about "this player is about the retire soon" and then you would not be able to complete a transfer for him. (2) Does the regen idea only work if the player retires while on the roster of his original (or equally high-star) team? If he retires while on my 2.5 star roster - will my team receive a regen player for the following season?

Or is it instead that I should just always be on the lookout in future seasons for faceless young players with good stats that appear on the rosters of some of the more prestigious teams? And then try to orchestrate the traditional transfer of the regen player at that time?

Following closely ... thanks for the interesting discussion ...

---

A couple years ago (maybe it was FIFA11) I am pretty sure that I picked up the Drogba regen from Chelsea ... I think he was listed as a ST and he was 17 and his overall was 71 ... the new name was "Fae" ... he did well for my career mode team. Nice.
That's an interesting idea. Before I knew about regen players I've had players on my team that if you go to the "squad report" it says "player retiring at the end of season."

I guess theoretically you could sign a bunch of over the hill players and see what happens. Just sign them in the first transfer window and then sim the rest of the season.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #15
Just started!

i got lampard in the first season and he was gud for my npower championship team. and after he retired i got a player d. deamen in my squad d next season and it was listed as new youth player. same case happened wid puyol. only that my puyol regen was 6'7''....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I found a regen last night and I can't quite determine who he is...he's a 6'4" Italian striker and he's already rated an 83 at 21 years old. He's got the Speed an Acrobat traits, too.

Do the regen players keep the same height / weak foot / dribbling, etc.?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »