Home

ahh fifa's physics

This is a discussion on ahh fifa's physics within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
Rookie

walker131's Arena

OVR: 5
ahh fifa's physics

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/143688377
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ahh fifa's physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker131
Say what you will, they're still miles ahead of any competition in that department, and what they've been able to accomplish is incredible, especially considering where physics were just a few short years ago.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #3

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigh0rt
Say what you will, they're still miles ahead of any competition in that department, and what they've been able to accomplish is incredible, especially considering where physics were just a few short years ago.
The impact engine is a complete disaster. I mean, yeah, players can fall down in a million different ways, but the fact that refs have no idea how to correctly judge fouls pretty much completely negates all the positives. And I think EA more or less acknowledges how flawed the system is by completely overpowering the tackling and dribbling control skills, and thus keeping the impact between players at a minimum. It's a shame they couldn't have integrated this in slowly, while keeping some of the basic and necessary animations of the FIFA 11 era games.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

I can't count how many times I have attempted a slide tackle, and I touch the CPU player a fraction of a second before I touch the ball and it counts as a foul against me.

Not too mention the ridiculous jersey pulling I have to endure, while I can't reciprocate without fouling.

Oh well, I still play the game most days!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #5

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/145460804

Here's an example on the other end of the spectrum. In this case, the impact engine is trying like hell to prevent actual impact from occurring. One of the main reasons I do skill moves is to try to draw fouls, but clearly the impact engine has other ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

I too find the impact engine frustrating at times, but at least when I see things happen as shown in video #1, I have a decent laugh.

I still like the way the impact engine works, Ppl mock it, but when it works right its wonderful and realistic looking.

I agree the ref needs some serious help. Foul calls are horrible this year(much better last year imo), but I can see the progress heading in the right direction.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

compared to last year, i think they have made significant improvements in the physics. We discussed in another topic the flaws of the ai calling fouls, but i think this is going to improve as well. I think ai improvements in general is going to get better and better.

I just wish they would lower the pace of the game more and change the ball physics some. I really want to see ball spin and curve like I see in real life.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

i can't remember having a problem on the impact engine. i avoided even buying 12, because I could tell just from the demo their impact was Way off and i don't buy beta versions of anything.

I mostly play fifa without the craziness that would trigger a potential for wierd stuff on the field. But i deal with the impact engine plenty and its worked great for me, i'd give an A. NHLs by contrast has room for improvement, but still better than what I played of Fifa12's, I'd give it a B-. So that should tell you what I think of Fifa 12's impact physics, Fifa 13 for me is almost spot on.

I have a couple examples of my encounters from previous uploaded footage.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/145838766

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqZCCCc3i9U

also check out this cool goal by QPR , got taken away for offsides though

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/145843882

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »