Home

Heading on manual shooting

This is a discussion on Heading on manual shooting within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Heading on manual shooting

Anyone else find it impossible? I can score just fine with regular chances, but I can never score headers no matter what I do. I play with the power bar at 55, and whenever I tap B to head the ball, it goes flying over the cross bar. I don't think I've ever scored a header with manual shooting...

Any tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Heading on manual shooting

I hear ya', man. I'm really struggling with headers this year, especially from corners. It's pretty frustrating, especially when playing with target men. All my headers seem to end up in row Z, apart from diving headers which seem to fly in everytime I try one.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 12-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Rookie

I've found if you play with shot error at say 58 it really affects heading, I have it at 52 and score headers from corners now and again.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah, diving headers seem to have a lot more accuracy, probably because they're so low that they have no chance of being skied.

I might try turning shot error down. The thing is, my regular shot error is fine for general goals, so I hope that's not affected too much.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #5

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

It'd definitely hard, which I'm okay with. Problem is, the CPU seems to thrive on them. They account for too large a percentage of the CPU's goals. When the scripting kicks in, they seem to rely heavily on headers. And the almost never miss. It's just another case where I guess we have to tweak the game to make it a fair fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

I usually score a header or two every 2 to 3 games. I agree, it is hard, what I find even harder though, is the fact that EA botched manual shooting-timing. You let go of the button and sometimes it takes FOREVER for your player to let the shot go ... drives me nuts! As if manual players dont have it bad enough already!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »