Home

Does anyone actually play a MLS team in career?

This is a discussion on Does anyone actually play a MLS team in career? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Does anyone actually play a MLS team in career?

I want to do a tfc one but not having any relegation and so forth I dont see the point really.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
I want to do a tfc one but not having any relegation and so forth I dont see the point really.
The reason I don't want a league with relegation to experiment with, is because if I move the Liga MX to the 2nd or 3rd division of say England for example, I'll never see the rest of the Liga MX teams again after the 1st season and that'll just make the whole move pointless
Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconfreak
I'm just curious because I can't honestly see any reason why someone would. The MLS is one of the worst leagues in the world in terms of talent and the game reflects that.

I'm not knocking anyone that does play them but I am honestly curious as to why someone would use them.
there are several worst leagues. mls is comparable to npower championship or the second division of most of the top leagues in the world. i would play it exclusively, however we have to play with by world football rules and not by mls rules. so really whats the point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
there are several worst leagues. mls is comparable to npower championship or the second division of most of the top leagues in the world. i would play it exclusively, however we have to play with by world football rules and not by mls rules. so really whats the point.
I didn't say it was THE worst league in the world but one of the worst. It ranks IMO in a third tier of club league. It has gotten better over the last ten years and should hopefully continue to improve.

You just pointed out something that I found odd when as an experiment I wanted to see if the game has the MLS dedicated player/salary cap rules and it does not.

I have to point out that it sounds like no one who has answered my question actually does play a MLS team. With the lack of any international or interfederational play it really does hurt the fun factor for the player. One of the best things about playing a team in a European league is the number of cups/competitions you can play in.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play as an MLS club in CM simply to play as my favorite team. Not really too much more to it.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkblue
I play as an MLS club in CM simply to play as my favorite team. Not really too much more to it.
Same thing here. I'd take Guadalajara from the Liga MX over Barcelona or Man U. any day of the week.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I always feel playing with Liga MX or MLS teams like any other sport season. Regular season, playoffs, champions.

Wish FIFA would add CONCACAF games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
I always feel playing with Liga MX or MLS teams like any other sport season. Regular season, playoffs, champions.

Wish FIFA would add CONCACAF games.
If only right! I doubt they will though since they don't have any of the other leagues that compete in the ConcaChampions. I'm hoping they add the Copa Libertadores though! Much more competitive, and FIFA already has the Brazilian teams and a few of the Argentinian clubs. They're halfway there! ....but I doubt it. The New World doesn't get much attention like the Europeans haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »