Home

Debate - Random/Silly Career Mode Events

This is a discussion on Debate - Random/Silly Career Mode Events within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #9
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Debate - Random/Silly Career Mode Events

Oh man, this is good stuff guys.

I love the "Luke, I am your Father..." aspect of the narrative.

There is one final note worth making here. CDM might be the most overrated and broken position in the game. When I control him, he often sucks because tackling in FIFA has been really difficult for the last two years thanks to Tactical Defending. As much as I enjoy TD, it has made tackling largely irrelevant as evidenced in the stats. I typically get out-tackled by a 3-1 margin.

Anyhow, because he's a CDM, I think I could replace him with a decent ~80-82 player, like a Tiote or somebody similar, and still have a ton of money left over for a deadly striker.

Strikers matter far more than a CDM in FIFA 13.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

ive got one for you though. I am running a Celtic franchise that i moved to npower championship when i started it. team is fantastic with players who are really growing into premier league players plus the studs I have gotten through scouting.

anyways, the past three seasons I have finished 5th, 4th, 5th in the premier league. I sim probably 3/4 of my games usually playing the higher competitions in cup games as well as both europa and champions league group table games. this season I am expected to win the league, however I know my team is not ready yet for a championship run. I still bend over and take it from city, man u, and chelsea.

i have banked up over 100+ million, so i can bring in some real studs. however do I do this , or should I just keep developing my talent. right now my team fields mostly low 80's overall starters. and quite a few 70 - 79 depth players in my subs and reserves. I feel like I am probably two seasons away from competing for a title.

should I give in to the board and buy talent to compete. which might disrupt everything I built and may force some players to want to transfer. Or should I just keep doing it my way and maybe get fired.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
ive got one for you though. I am running a Celtic franchise that i moved to npower championship when i started it. team is fantastic with players who are really growing into premier league players plus the studs I have gotten through scouting.

anyways, the past three seasons I have finished 5th, 4th, 5th in the premier league. I sim probably 3/4 of my games usually playing the higher competitions in cup games as well as both europa and champions league group table games. this season I am expected to win the league, however I know my team is not ready yet for a championship run. I still bend over and take it from city, man u, and chelsea.

i have banked up over 100+ million, so i can bring in some real studs. however do I do this , or should I just keep developing my talent. right now my team fields mostly low 80's overall starters. and quite a few 70 - 79 depth players in my subs and reserves. I feel like I am probably two seasons away from competing for a title.

should I give in to the board and buy talent to compete. which might disrupt everything I built and may force some players to want to transfer. Or should I just keep doing it my way and maybe get fired.
Oh man, that's the €1,000,000 question. Love the idea of bringing Celtic to nPower, by the way. That's brilliant.

It sounds like we're in the same position more or less. I finished 17th, then 10th, then 5th in the top flight. Now I'm expected to win the league. Totally unrealistic. My starting 11 are barely competent enough to challenge the Big Four (Five). I have two or three in the high 70's. I then have my aforementioned CDM (88) and several Wingers and Strikers in the low 80's. My bench is comprised mostly of mid-70s.

I don't have the depth this year, but I expect I'll have it by next year as my studs progress a few more points.

----

Here is what I did heading into this season, with €48M in the bank. I picked up a 83 rated CAM and I scavenged the transfer market for high potential youth from big clubs. I picked up three more players whose next year or two of progress should put them in the low to mid-80s.

All signs point toward a huge 6th or 7th season. Alas, my CDM may have demanded a transfer because of the disruptions. It's hard to say.

If I were you, I'd buy three big players in key positions. Then, I'd start increasing wages to buoy the potential drop in morale. If one or two players want to leave, it won't matter because your squad will be much better. Clearly, you'll be in position to finish top three and take a run out into Europe.

Waiting years and years and years for all your high potential studs to develop is time consuming. It's fun, but it's too slow to allow you to keep your job! Gotta pick up a few big guns to stay competitive.

When you look for new signings, spend the time looking for a perfect combination of statistical qualities and bargains. I can't tell you how many times I've found two players with nearly identical stats with one fetching €20M and the other going for €15M. Find a player near the end of his current contract or pay attention to the news of disgruntled players. You may even be able to pick up my CDM for €60M. What a pittance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Oh man, this is good stuff guys.

I love the "Luke, I am your Father..." aspect of the narrative.
That is EXACTLY what I was going for! Haha
Old 01-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Also, split up your big buys.

Buy two players before the first transfer window closes, then buy one or two more in January.

It may prevent the disruption, but then again, I think FIFA has been programmed this way and not much can be done about it.

Last year with FIFA 12, I had to sell Demba Ba after my first season because he didn't like that I signed Giovinco and Gaitan in January.

It turned out to be quite prescient!

As an aside, $%#@ Dema Ba! Right in the stinkhole. Talk about a Benedict Arnold. FML
Old 01-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Oh man, that's the €1,000,000 question. Love the idea of bringing Celtic to nPower, by the way. That's brilliant.

It sounds like we're in the same position more or less. I finished 17th, then 10th, then 5th in the top flight. Now I'm expected to win the league. Totally unrealistic. My starting 11 are barely competent enough to challenge the Big Four (Five). I have two or three in the high 70's. I then have my aforementioned CDM (88) and several Wingers and Strikers in the low 80's. My bench is comprised mostly of mid-70s.

I don't have the depth this year, but I expect I'll have it by next year as my studs progress a few more points.

----

Here is what I did heading into this season, with €48M in the bank. I picked up a 83 rated CAM and I scavenged the transfer market for high potential youth from big clubs. I picked up three more players whose next year or two of progress should put them in the low to mid-80s.

All signs point toward a huge 6th or 7th season. Alas, my CDM may have demanded a transfer because of the disruptions. It's hard to say.

If I were you, I'd buy three big players in key positions. Then, I'd start increasing wages to buoy the potential drop in morale. If one or two players want to leave, it won't matter because your squad will be much better. Clearly, you'll be in position to finish top three and take a run out into Europe.

Waiting years and years and years for all your high potential studs to develop is time consuming. It's fun, but it's too slow to allow you to keep your job! Gotta pick up a few big guns to stay competitive.

When you look for new signings, spend the time looking for a perfect combination of statistical qualities and bargains. I can't tell you how many times I've found two players with nearly identical stats with one fetching €20M and the other going for €15M. Find a player near the end of his current contract or pay attention to the news of disgruntled players. You may even be able to pick up my CDM for €60M. What a pittance!
i have already did this to fill in the few holes in my roster.

im using a 3-5-2 formation and my back 3 players are a bunch of drama queens. every other week they are bitching about not getting enough playing time even though I rotate them consistently because of their lack of stamina to play more then 2 games in a row. this is what happens when you sign young guys away from clubs when you know they are going to become top players. despite that though couple of them are pretty versatile and I sub them as defensive mid fielders when they aren't starting.

I have my eyes on Pato and Bale, however I dont know if that will be enough. If I even think about bringing in a top CB, I know my guys will have a fit.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Hah! I do the same thing with my Centre Backs.

My 2nd formation is 3-5-2, but my main formation is a 4-2-3-1 where my CDM plays deep alongside a versatile CM.

If I lose my CDM, I'll likely switch to a 3-5-2 as my main formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

I actually love these kinds of things where we have to make some personnel decisions. Too many sports games just have players re-sign for your team or free agents can be bought for a song and you end up with superstar teams. IRL players ask out, so it is neat that we get the chance to deal with a prima donna or two. Remember last year, everyone was up in arms because RVP wanted out of Arsenal in Fifa12...a year later he did get tranferred. These things happen.

I'd love to see board changes that make you change your focus on your objectives...maybe you run Chelsea and need to win at all costs for Roman, but then in year 3 maybe he wants to buy the Mets and needs to raise cash, so he asks you to start selling off players. Or a player gets suspended for some off-field incident and you have to do without him for a month. While frustrating at the time, it would add an element of realism managers have to deal with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »