Home

Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures

This is a discussion on Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #65
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures

Would be great if EA had a similar mindset to Bethesda about FIFA and modding. There so much potential as far as leagues, clubs, national teams, etc. goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace
Would be great if EA had a similar mindset to Bethesda about FIFA and modding. There so much potential as far as leagues, clubs, national teams, etc. goes.
The PC version is completely moddable, not sure what you're talking about here. Does EA make modding FIFA easy? Not particularly. Is modding the game on every level possible? Pretty much.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #67
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

I've heard you can't add leagues or stadiums without first removing the existing ones.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 8

World Cup Quarterfinal ... Chile (HUM) vs Italy (CPU)

Goals .................. 3 - 6
Shots ................. 22 - 14
Shots on Target ... 13 - 7
Possession ....... 59% - 41%
Tackles ................ 7 - 31
Fouls ................... 2 - 2
Corners ............... 2 - 0

Seriously - how is this even possible?!?

The CPU scored 6 goals from 7 shots on target (please note that their only shot on target that did not result in a goal was a shot that my keeper parried and that was then scored on the put-back ... so, really, the CPU had 6 honest attempts at my goal - and they scored 6 goals). Just for reference ... I had 13 shots on target (nearly *twice* as many as the CPU!) and I scored 3 goals (that would be *half* as many as the CPU). C'mon man! This is just not fair.

How about another one? Look at the tackles ... 7 for me against 31 for the CPU? Really?!? Well, it must be the case that the CPU were whistled for more fouls - since they were clearly more aggressive on defense ... wait, I'm sorry, what was that? The fouls were even? Now that does not seem realistic ... one team committed 2 fouls per 31 tackles and the other team committed the same 2 fouls but in only 7 tackles? Wow ... that is very unlikely ...

What about possession? You need the ball to score right? Oh wait ... one team had the ball for 60% of the match, and used that advantage to generate an astounding 22 shots (13 on target) ... and that team lost? By three goals? That never happens ...

And I have still yet to mention that 9 goals in a game is completely ridiculous ... I make no effort to play arcade-FIFA ... I try to possess the ball and play with solid build-up (my passing in this match was at 89%) ... but when the CPU scores on EVERY trip they make into their attacking third ... that really throws the scoreline out of whack.

It would be nice if they game would let you know ahead of time when it is planning to cheat you ... I had no need for a goalkeeper in this match ... I would have been more likely to win if I had simply fielded eleven outfield players and tried for a 10-9 scoreline ... my GK only made one save of a shot on target in the entire 90 minutes ... I should have just done the hockey move and pulled my goalie for an extra attacker.

Complete disaster. 95% of the time I really love this game. And I am actually fine with losing - just do not cheat me - do not make it so obvious when the fix is in - it absolutely ruins *RUINS* the experience. I will never understand why it is so important to the EA programmers to instill a CPU cheat - what does this accomplish? If I am better (60% possession, 22 shots, 13 shots on target ... admit it ... I *WAS* better) - I should win the match.

Simple as that.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Simple as that.
You play on default Legendary and wonder why it's so difficult to win? That's not a valid argument. The toughest difficulty levels in sports game are never realistic and aren't meant to produce a simulation; they're meant to make it arcadey and super-tough for you to win. Either drop down a level or, if you have the PC version, mod it to help nullify the cheats. And if you're stuck playing the console version, adjust your sliders to compensate for the imbalance in the gameplay. Looks like you need to lower CPU GK ability and raise User GK ability, that would be the obvious thing to start with.

Last edited by Yeats; 04-22-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace
I've heard you can't add leagues or stadiums without first removing the existing ones.
You can't play games like Skyrim and Oblivion with every available mod and patch, you have to choose which ones you want to use. Same with FIFA.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #71
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Just because you have twice as many shots doesn't mean you have a right to win, and most people aren't taking into account the quality of the shots.

I know that most of the goals I concede come from close range shots. This is usually because I make a defensive mistake and give them a clear chance.

To me the best way is to recognise the change in the opposition's play, react to it and try to take advantage of their aggressive nature.

PS losing a game 6-3 isn't ridiculous if you give them 6 good chances to score.

I'm nothing more than a reasonably good player of the game, but I don't lose too many games this way any more. Sometimes you can't help it though, I'll agree with you on that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

This happened to me with my Career with Sheffield Utd. I had a Championship playoff against Leicester City, lost the first leg 2-1, and played the 2nd leg 6 times, lost every time. Went down a difficulty to Pro, lost again (I usually win big on Pro). Simmed it over 25 times, lost every time. Absolutely absurd. This was not a bad Sheffield squad either, I had pounded Liverpool in an League Cup match 4-1 earlier in the year. You'd think that in over 30 matches, even a League 2 team could steal one from a Premiership club, and this was an evenly matched playoff fixture between two teams atop the Championship table.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »