Home

Spend all of your money before the next season begins?

This is a discussion on Spend all of your money before the next season begins? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Spend all of your money before the next season begins?

Does anyone know the algorithm that the game uses to determine your transfer budget and wage budget at the beginning of the next season? For example, I just finished 3rd with Swansea City ... I got the email at the completion of my last game telling me something about my "excellent performance in the league this season" and awarding my $xx,xxx,xxx into my transfer account. But this is still in late May ... the season does not turn over until June 30 / July 01.

When the next season begins, you get the email that says something like "based on your spending, performance, expectations ... here is your transfer budget and wage budget for the new season". I think this means that I will always get some "more" money on July 01 ... so, should I try to spend all of the other (previous) money in the time between late May and June 30 (on scouting / youth academy / renewing contracts / etc.)?

I have tried a few tests with this ... it does not seem that there is just a fixed amount of "added money" that comes in on July 01 ...

Has anyone flushed out this idea?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
I didn't think it was added money when the next season starts. I thought they reset your budget. Like took in what you had left over, and then gave you a new amount...
Old 02-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Spend all of your money before the next season begins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
I didn't think it was added money when the next season starts. I thought they reset your budget. Like took in what you had left over, and then gave you a new amount...
EDIT: This. Whatever your Transfer Budget is at the end of the season will be your Transfer Budget for next season BUT I'm pretty sure you will get more WAGE budget money.

Last edited by MJRocky; 03-03-2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: I messed up
Old 02-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah, I think your final league position matters, too.

I just won the Premier League and was given €46,000,000 to compete in Europe.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
Rookie

I ended one season with a surplus of almost $2m. When the next season started, my budget went up from $10m the previous year to $12m the current year. My power went out. I started over, but before advancing, I purchased another scout for a bit less than $1m. So I had a surplus of just over $1m. When the new season started, I had a budget of $11m.

So, my guess is that money you saved carries over, and that the game rounds off to the nearest million. It's a small sample size, but that's my guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »