Home

New Ownership

This is a discussion on New Ownership within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
New Ownership

I have a question, does change of ownership actually matter in Fifa? For instance, QPR just got purchased in my CM, so does that mean that their budget will increase and they will start buying high priced players, and competing for the BPL championship?

Also have one more question, has anyone ever seen a team from the 4th division in England make it all the way to the BPL? It would be kind of neat if a true underdog team made it all the way to the top division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New Ownership

because we can't see other teams budgets, we really don't know if they get an increase or not. from what I have seen over several seasons on two different careers, these teams do not suddenly become great by any means or even great over several seasons.

no i have never seen a much lower division team make it up the premier league.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
MVP

I've had 2 teams declare a financial takeover (one per season) they're in the top 5 of the league but certainly not the best of the world as the headlines declared. I also saw one team purchase a GK with 71 OVR and the headlines went crazy naming him the first step of the team's revolution and that they are closer and closer to becoming a top club. Okay first of all, this is a 71 OVR keeper. And second of all they have a 75 OVR keeper, so this guy is just for the bench. The 71 OVR is older than the 75 too. Soooo I mean really?! Lol
Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

OVR: 4

Their budgets can go up to over $100 million. When I play in MLS, a team or two usually get taken over and then the job may become available. If it does, I check the transfer budget and I've seen them from $60-100 million.

For a frame of reference, ordinary MLS budgets are < $5 million.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

In my FC Dallas CM, San Jose got new ownership. Their transfer budget went up to the $65 million range. The only problem is I don't think anything gets manipulated so that they start spending more money. They've made a couple transfers, but only one of them was for a player worth more than $1,000,0000.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm on my second CM season with Arsenal and both Newcastle and Sunderland have been bought by new owners at different times. In the next transfer window they both went on spending sprees buying expensive players.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm in my 5th season Aston Villa and Bolton have been taken over and I think they've made a couple transfers nuttin too special (AV bought Steven Defour) but what I do notice is that they are constantly linked with players and are in the conversation when a player is available
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
no i have never seen a much lower division team make it up the premier league.
That's definitely possible but kind of rare..

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »